• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spurrier to the Bulls . . .

Guest jaxbull
How in the world could we QUADRUPLE our attendance? We are averaging 30K a game as it is-- you are suggesting getting SS would put our attendance at 120K-- that alone should tell everyone how full of crap you are. The satdium max capacity without changes is 65K or so-- maybe 75k with extra seating. I don't know why I bothered to type that-- this entire line of thinking is just complete BS.

Hey Knight fans-- why don't you worry about your own little team and give it a rest-- mmm kay? What's next-- digging up Vince Lombardi and having his rotted corpse on our sidelines?

And someone said that the only way he takes a job like this is to repair his reputation. LOL-- right-- so many people think SS sucks now because he had a mediocre at best performance in the NFL. Total horsecrap. This thread belongs in the trash.

i agree you shouldn't have bothered to write, i was using hyperbole i thought that was fairly obvious.  now lets please put this thread to rest.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

I'm having trouble believing any of you.  If Leavitt left and USF hired Spurrier...you all would jumping for joy...and your future BE comrads would be shaking in their boots!!  Smazza isn't the only one with sense here is he?

I'm not sayin that you all want Leavitt fired...but I think you would trade him for Spurrier!!

There is a big difference between wanting spurrier if leavitt LEFT then to choose to remove leavitt for spurrier.

Obviously if leavitt left then spurrier would be a decent pick up. But I don't see why it would be such a stretch to believe in leavitt enough that we are happier with him as our coach. Spurrier did alot at uf yes but look at the resources he had to work with, I'm not convinced that spurrier would have been able to have even half the success leavitt has had under the same curcumstances. When spurrier was at a school where he could handpick all the greatest talent in the state of florida (aka the US) yeah he was a genious. However just looking at his dismal failure to not only succeed but to even have the balls to stick it out with equal talent to other teams in the NFL I don't think it is out of the question that he would be far less then impressive when forced to work with the talent leavitt has.

So in response, no I personally would have no interest whatsoever in firing leavitt for spurrier.