• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pitt Game

Guest InsideScoop

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

i think it may have been USC, cause i recal the maroon and yellow scheme as well

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Any time we are televised nationally, it is good for our program.  I am disappointed in you, smazza.  I know it is inconvenient, but that's why I'm not buying my plane tix until things get sorted out.  Stand up and be the fan you always talk about being, instead of acting like a petulent child.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869

I am not even convinced this will be the final schedule, seems to me we have had re-schedules almost every year where we drop/ add or move these games.  

Flights are tough, I was usually coming across country back from business late friday night or saturday morning from 1997 -2001 back to Fort Myers.  Then hauling the 2.5 hrs to get to Tampa for a game then 2.5 hrs back to Fort Myers.  

Coming back into FL was almost always Delta via Atlanta or American via Miami or (heaven forbid) Continental through Texas which meant rain or delays.  

I would broaden the flight params to look to Miami or Orlando if you want to keep the fares cheap.  Also, the smaller airlines are in play now, where they weren't when I was a puddle jumping fool.

Typical big airline LAX-TAMPA      219.00

Southwest 85.00 each way

Miami, Fort Lauderdale or Orlando might be a pain but times might be better.  JetBlue, Frontier also provide options. Just my 2 cents.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

From what I could gather at the Spring game today, the date for the Pitt game is the only one on the USF schedule that is up in the air at the moment. Evidently, ESPN is trying to get Pitt and USF to shift the game to Monday, but the person I spoke with didn't know if it was to be an afternoon or evening game. Nothing is yet finalized.  

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  420

From what I could gather at the Spring game today, the date for the Pitt game is the only one on the USF schedule that is up in the air at the moment. Evidently, ESPN is trying to get Pitt and USF to shift the game to Monday, but the person I spoke with didn't know if it was to be an afternoon or evening game. Nothing is yet finalized.  

Isn't the Miami-FSU game scheduled for Monday night?

I know they play that Monday, but don't know the time:

Miami and FSU will be fellow members of the Atlantic Coast Conference beginning next season, and they are slated to meet in the 2004 season opener to be played in Miami's Orange Bowl stadium on Labor Day Monday, September 6, 2004.

It will be shown on ABC:

http://hurricanesports.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/mifl-m-footbl-sched.html

ABC will be showing it at 8 PM:

ABC Sports will televise Florida State at Miami nationally on Labor Day Monday, September 6, 2004, and Miami at Florida State on September 5, 2005, both nights at 8:00 p.m., ET. This years ABC College football schedule features Florida State at Miami on October 11.

http://www.wctv6.com/sports/headlines/462407.html

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

The best part of a day game would be Pitt in the dark jerseys  ;D ... and we better drink the pickle juice so we don't cramp last last years season opener  ::)

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

i would say it would be on monday afternoon. last year UC played ECU on labor day on espn n it was in afternoon.also the year before i believe it was UC-TCU also on monday afternoon.

That would be fine with me monday afternoon would be a killer heat for the Pitt players.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

I would be okay if we played Labor Day afternoon ... we would be the only game and get the Nation watching the BULLS !!!