• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Already Feeling Benefits Of Bowl Game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Bulls Already Feeling Benefits Of Bowl Game

Published: Dec 23, 2005

TAMPA - Getting a bid to the Meineke Car Care Bowl has done wonders for the University of South Florida's efforts to become nationally known.

When the Bulls (6-5) take on North Carolina State (6-5) at 11 a.m. on New Year's Eve in Charlotte, N.C., a national ESPN2 audience will be watching. The Car Care Bowl is the first of three televised games that day.

The national exposure, along with USF's move to the Big East, has also helped recruiting

"Our recruiting is really going very well," Bulls coach Jim Leavitt said. "The guys we have targeted we are doing real well with."

Leavitt knows there is a tremendous upside to signing with USF; it's just getting potential recruits to buy into it.

"I understand [Tampa] is a great place to live, we're in a new facility, we're going to a bowl game, and there are a lot of positive things at this tremendous university. It's also a great place to get an education," he said. "We're just trying to land the guys that want the opportunity to play and get in the hunt and be a part of this whole thing. You have to make sure that you go to the school where there is opportunity for you."

CHRISTMAS BREAK: The Bulls will have a three-day weekend to celebrate Christmas before returning to practice on Monday.

While still engrossed with preparations for the bowl game, Leavitt will find time to celebrate with his family.

"I'm going to be in the office [today]," Leavitt said. "On the 24th, I want to get out and do a little shopping; probably pick up a bunch of gift certificates. And then I'll enjoy the 25th. I probably won't work on the 25th."

Gregg Becnel

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701
  • Days Won:  0

yeah right, he'll be watching tape on NC State early Christmas morning.. lol

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

"I understand [Tampa] is a great place to live...

Leavitt needs to get out more!  :D

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

What does CJL want for Christmas?? ;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

It´s great to have a coach like Leavitt, but he makes sacrifices to want to win !

Thanx to our Coach & Staff !