• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Was anyone else disappointed w/football team?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  0

First and foremost... being clean shaven and walking a fine military line doesn't equate to victories (see Men's Basketball, circa 2003-present day).

Second, these same guys that don't conform to USF standards, if I recall, did get accepted by the same standards other students got into USF with. No offense... but my first two years of college, I would say 95% of the students in my classes had the intellectual ability of a seventh grader. It only got better after weeding the inept, drug using, mom and dad catered, rich little white kids that went to college because mom and dad slipped them through the system.

Gurlybull... you said you bought 12 tickets... that's a lot of cheddar for a college student. Mom and dad pay the visa, rent, car payment, insurance? I had the GI Bill while in college and I **** well know I couldn't buy 12 tickets for any one single game. Not every "black" athlete on our team was born with a silver spoon in their mouth (Hugh Smith was the exception -- mom and dad were lawyers). Not only that... but the NCAA places limits on what the schollie athlete can make... you think that money is going to a suit? Hell no! I still don't own a suit (I'm 30 years old)... although I finally bought a sports jacket for interviews (after I graduated).

Pants pulled down, cornrows, hats on sideways... hell... I've tried all of these fashion statements once in my life, and still wear the hat sideways. What makes the guys pounding their chests painted in green and gold any different than these athletes with their drawers falling down. They all look ridiculous... but they are dressing to what pleases them. Sorry we can't have a Leave It to Beaver football team. We save that for our basketball team (which probably won't win as many games as the football team this season). There is not enough money floating around in athletics to get similar warmups for all these guys, girls, etc.

Those guys didn't have to show up for the basketball game... but they love USF as much as we do. Give them some credit for supporting their boys.

And if you're shocked by what they were wearing to the game, you would have lost it at former player Patrick Peyton's wake three years ago in Liberty City. I was overdressed wearing a tie, to say the least. It's a cultural difference... deal with it. If you are going to bankroll a collared shirt and tie to each one of the players, maybe they will conform more to the "white crowd", instead of the "wrong crowd".  

Now can we all be friends... and sorry about the personal attacks there gurlybull... this addresses a couple of people in here... I bullieve you had the main arguement. Although Bulliever should let me spend some personal time with his kids so I can make them thug tough... I need to take them back to my hood... MattieGunz has been there...

And anyone that has been to the players ball know our guys would be wearing lime green, bright yellow, purple and what ever other "loud" color suits they could come up with. I saw some pin stripes suits that made me think our guys had busted out of jail, for what its worth.

AMEN i say to that.. and if its intimidating to some, that's their fault.  its not like they've got brass knuckles and handguns, for crying out loud

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

I still don't see what the big deal is.  They were NOT dressed as some people on here say.  Their pants were NOT sagging down...  They looked normal...a shirt and jeans, sure the shirts and jeans were a bit big, but so what,  big deal.  People really need to stop over-reacting on here.  There's always something to ***** about, just call down.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

WHO CARES!!! If the school wanted them to dress a "special" way, they would buy them something to wear...What most of you "students" dont understand is most of these players have little to no money. They dont get paided by the school and have no time for a part time job, except maybe in the off season. Many of you probablly think well they play on the team, they get a bunch of free stuff...once again, not true. These guys get practice gear fopr the year which includes, shorts, shirts, and cleats. They dont get to keep their warms-ups, like somebody said they turns those in after each away game...This isnt a presidential election and it isnt a beauty contest. GET OVER IT!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Oh hell no.......

First and foremost... being clean shaven and walking a fine military line doesn't equate to victories (see Men's Basketball, circa 2003-present day).

Wearing a suit and being clean shaven to run for President doesn't equate to victories either. Just look at John Kerry. Nobody on here said sports players should look good in order to win. We've simply contended that it would be preferable that they should look to enhance our university's image with the public by serving as nicely dressed ambassadors of the university.

Second, these same guys that don't conform to USF standards, if I recall, did get accepted by the same standards other students got into USF with. No offense... but my first two years of college, I would say 95% of the students in my classes had the intellectual ability of a seventh grader. It only got better after weeding the inept, drug using, mom and dad catered, rich little white kids that went to college because mom and dad slipped them through the system.

I've got news for you - the average American has the intellectual ability of a seventh grader. But your generalization about "rich little white kids" is just as discriminatory as you would accuse others on this board of being towards those of a lower socioeconomic status. You have therefore engaged in blatant hypocrisy, and your statement is completely null and void. This makes me wonder about your own intellectual ability.... but I think we just disagree and that your opinion is inane, not that you're intellectually inept.

Gurlybull... you said you bought 12 tickets... that's a lot of cheddar for a college student. Mom and dad pay the visa, rent, car payment, insurance? I had the GI Bill while in college and I **** well know I couldn't buy 12 tickets for any one single game. Not every "black" athlete on our team was born with a silver spoon in their mouth (Hugh Smith was the exception -- mom and dad were lawyers). Not only that... but the NCAA places limits on what the schollie athlete can make... you think that money is going to a suit? Hell no! I still don't own a suit (I'm 30 years old)... although I finally bought a sports jacket for interviews (after I graduated).

This I have a problem with, because I encounter it EVERY DAY. I am a clean-cut 6'2'' white male with a Dodge Ram truck who wears polos tucked in every day. Does that make me a rich snot whose parents pay all the bills? HELL NO. Shoot, I've helped my parents with some bills. I'm in a better financial situation than my parents even WITH massive medical school loans. I busted my ass in three jobs at a time in college, busted my ass in high school to get scholarships, and I've paid my way to a nice look and a decent automobile (which sure as hell ain't nothing like what I see down here in Miami). I'm no rich white boy, but I'll tell you what, coming from a background with little money, it sure **** well gave me an appreciation for it, and you can be sure I'll ensure my kids don't have to go through it as much.

Your personal attacks on Brittany were out of line. Brittany wrote that she has 12 people in the party that she is going with to the Bowl Game, not that she personally bought 12 tickets. I'm one of those twelve, the Beef Studs are several others, and there's a few close friends in the mix. All of them paid for their own tickets. But she has shown great spirit in organizing the trip for us. Brittany's mother and father do not pay any of her bills, she works her little tail off at her job in marketing to pay her bills, and your needless rant was completely inaccurate and insulting. That fact that you went to college on a GI bill does not mean Brittany's party of 12 had anything to do with her being rich. Outside of putting herself in mortal danger, she works just as hard as you did. The fact that you are 30 and do not own a suit is actually a bit disturbing - I think that's more a matter of priorities. If your priorities are not to look nice and presentable, then that's your business, as long as you are not representing a professional organization like the university whose reputation other people depend upon (i.e. the worth of our diplomas).

Those guys didn't have to show up for the basketball game... but they love USF as much as we do. Give them some credit for supporting their boys.

They also didn't have to show up without a lick of USF gear to identify themselves or a desire to look nicer in an official representative capacity. This is a matter of opinion, and personal attacks were not necessary to convey yours.

And if you're shocked by what they were wearing to the game, you would have lost it at former player Patrick Peyton's wake three years ago in Liberty City. I was overdressed wearing a tie, to say the least. It's a cultural difference... deal with it. If you are going to bankroll a collared shirt and tie to each one of the players, maybe they will conform more to the "white crowd", instead of the "wrong crowd".

Your assertion that dressing nicely is any bit associated with a particular race is absolutely ludicrous. Black professional dress every bit as nicely as white professionals, as do Japanese professionals, as do Indian professionals.... etc etc etc. Nobody ever suggested collared shirts and ties, that was completely fabricated in your mind as you were responding, apparently, but collared shirts and ties would be considered a universal manner in which one might look nice, regardless of race.

Now can we all be friends... and sorry about the personal attacks there gurlybull...  

If you were sorry, you wouldn't have written them.

Now sir, we can be friends, as long as you don't provoke any further verbal bitchslapping from me.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Wow!! Seven pages talking about the way our players dressed?  Incredible!!

"Everybody's got an opinion....."

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the reason Amarri couldn't play basketball was because Coach McCullum wouldn't allow him to participate in both basketball and football...I know the people I work with on Scout.com reported the same thing before

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286

Oh hell no.......

Wearing a suit and being clean shaven to run for President doesn't equate to victories either. Just look at John Kerry. Nobody on here said sports players should look good in order to win. We've simply contended that it would be preferable that they should look to enhance our university's image with the public by serving as nicely dressed ambassadors of the university.

I've got news for you - the average American has the intellectual ability of a seventh grader. But your generalization about "rich little white kids" is just as discriminatory as you would accuse others on this board of being towards those of a lower socioeconomic status. You have therefore engaged in blatant hypocrisy, and your statement is completely null and void. This makes me wonder about your own intellectual ability.... but I think we just disagree and that your opinion is inane, not that you're intellectually inept.

This I have a problem with, because I encounter it EVERY DAY. I am a clean-cut 6'2'' white male with a Dodge Ram truck who wears polos tucked in every day. Does that make me a rich snot whose parents pay all the bills? HELL NO. Shoot, I've helped my parents with some bills. I'm in a better financial situation than my parents even WITH massive medical school loans. I busted my ass in three jobs at a time in college, busted my ass in high school to get scholarships, and I've paid my way to a nice look and a decent automobile (which sure as hell ain't nothing like what I see down here in Miami). I'm no rich white boy, but I'll tell you what, coming from a background with little money, it sure **** well gave me an appreciation for it, and you can be sure I'll ensure my kids don't have to go through it as much.

Your personal attacks on Brittany were out of line. Brittany wrote that she has 12 people in the party that she is going with to the Bowl Game, not that she personally bought 12 tickets. I'm one of those twelve, the Beef Studs are several others, and there's a few close friends in the mix. All of them paid for their own tickets. But she has shown great spirit in organizing the trip for us. Brittany's mother and father do not pay any of her bills, she works her little tail off at her job in marketing to pay her bills, and your needless rant was completely inaccurate and insulting. That fact that you went to college on a GI bill does not mean Brittany's party of 12 had anything to do with her being rich. Outside of putting herself in mortal danger, she works just as hard as you did. The fact that you are 30 and do not own a suit is actually a bit disturbing - I think that's more a matter of priorities. If your priorities are not to look nice and presentable, then that's your business, as long as you are not representing a professional organization like the university whose reputation other people depend upon (i.e. the worth of our diplomas).

They also didn't have to show up without a lick of USF gear to identify themselves or a desire to look nicer in an official representative capacity. This is a matter of opinion, and personal attacks were not necessary to convey yours.

Your assertion that dressing nicely is any bit associated with a particular race is absolutely ludicrous. Black professional dress every bit as nicely as white professionals, as do Japanese professionals, as do Indian professionals.... etc etc etc. Nobody ever suggested collared shirts and ties, that was completely fabricated in your mind as you were responding, apparently, but collared shirts and ties would be considered a universal manner in which one might look nice, regardless of race.

If you were sorry, you wouldn't have written them.

Now sir, we can be friends, as long as you don't provoke any further verbal bitchslapping from me.

Very well stated Mr. FazaUSF.  I concur, and with that I believe our side the victor of this debate.  

Guest Josh Newberg

I have pics from the game of when they ran out on the court.  I didnt think it was that bad.  I'll put them on the USFnation.com site tomorrow....

Very well stated Mr. FazaUSF.  I concur, and with that I believe our side the victor of this debate.  

Thanks, boss ;) I can't help but agree with you on the victory! ;D Name's Brandon, but most call me by my last name, Faza.