• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BCS Committee

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

the BCS Committee is being questioned by some politicians on E! right now, the big question is how would a moutain west team make it to the championship game and how can they without a playoff

the BCS Committee is being questioned by some politicians on E! right now, the big question is how would a moutain west team make it to the championship game and how can they without a playoff

By the way, that is not E!

That is C-SPAN2.

The morons that run BrightHouse here think that they can share the same channel... so from 8:00am to 8:00pm it's CSPAN2 and from 8:00pm to 8:00am its E!.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

He probably told then. Have your champ go 11-0, dont lose to a team wih a losing record like SMU ,play a better out of conference schedule and have other league teams finish better than 6-5

i caught the last few minutes of it, and while i was watching it, they pretty much kept asking how a team from the mountain west could win a national title.  bcs's answer, be number 1 or 2 and have a chance to play for one.  they also talked about money, and the big 10 chair spoke.  he was asked why its fair for the bcs conferences to get so much and the non-bcs conferences to get much less.  don't remember what his response was, i know he mentioned that they have two teams in bcs bowls and both will bring in huge amounts of money.  and i just consider that channel to be E! all the time

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

So is there still gonna be a 5th BCS Bowl next season ?

when i turned it on to the end, didn't hear anything about the 5th bowl, so i don't know

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Yes there is a fifth bowl. Its the Fiesta Bowl then the national championship game. This years bowls would have included TCU (best ranking of non BCS conference) and Oregon...net necessarily playing each other, but in the mix.

Notre Dame starting next year only receives average BCS payout to average of the top BCS team (4.9 mil last year) but makes the BCS is they have 9 wins and a ranking of 8 or higher (not 6 like now).

The top ranked team from the nonBCS conferences get the invite too and split the money amongst ONLY their conference.