• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here's your chance to party with USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

My sign at work out side is now "USF vs NC State"

Dec 31,2005

Yeah we've got a dry-erase calendar here at work (I'm in Greensboro, NC) and on the 31st I drew the logos and put the game info on it.

It amuses and saddens me that people are boycotting this bowl because our 9 year old program didn't make a BCS bowl. Is boycotting a strong term? Well if we would have seen you in ATL but won't see you in Charlotte, that's basically what you're doing. I think as a fan, it's your right and duty to be critical of your team, but boycotting the game because of such? Nonsense.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

If you are not proud of a USF team going to a New Year's Eve Bowl game after all critics and fans predicted to come in last or 2nd to last, then don't be a fan of USF! We don't need you.  

Jump on someone else's bandwagon and then you won't have any problems next year if the Bulls don't go undefeated!

I am very proud to being going to the Bowl and will be representing my school regardless win or lose!!!!!

The fact is, USF is young and bandwagon fans as well as us diehards are welcome for the foreseeable future.

One day, though Pariah's gonna have to wake up and make a decision... which type of fan do you want to be?  If you want to be a bandwagon fan, then fine... but don't come on here and try and speak for Bull Nation, saying that "our will to travel was lost."  That's bull****.  WE'RE all going up, Pariah.  If you choose to be a part of this once-in-a-lifetime event in USF Football history, then so be it.  If you choose to stay home, so be it.  It's your call.

The sad thing is, though, you're going to be one of these losers in 20 years who tells his kids that you saw USF in their first bowl game ever, even though you really pouted and stayed at home while the rest of us showed the team how proud of them we were by actually going.

Rutgers is going to only their 2nd bowl game in over 100 years this year.  And they have to travel cross-country to theirs, but their fans are still going.  I highly doubt their fans are on their boards wringing out their tampons and whining about how they will only travel to a bowl if its a BCS bowl.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231

First you complain we don't win out and go to the BCS, now you're glad we didn't.

WHAT EXACTLY IS IT YOU WANT WOMAN?

You want to know what I what? Like it matters, but what I want out of my alma matas football team is:

A.) Entertainment

B.) The team to act as a marketing device for the school

As for entertainment this Bulls team is about as entertaining to me as going to the dentist. I missed the UL game but other than that I can count the entertaining moments on one hand - mostly defensive scores.

The concept that eludes you is that I am not pouting, I am not bandwagoning and I am just not going to spend my New Years Eve and $500-$1000 to go get my emotions drilled in Charlotte. No entertainment value there.

In an ideal world the Bulls would have won at UConn and been competitive against UWV (a game where I took a bus with 43 non-Bulls fans) and gone to Charlotte the same freaken bowl they are going to anyway. The Bulls would have clinched earlier and I would have hope, some anyway, that they could compete with NCS and I would be beaming with Bull pride.

As it stands I get irritated (maybe I feel a bit guilty) when I am compelled to make a statement by attending a game that will only hurt me to attend.

As for the marketing device, that entails putting a competitive team on the field, holding the term student athlete in high regard and marketing that team for all its worth. Getting killed by Georgia in a BCS bowl on national television wouldn't have been the ideal situation.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Bla bla bla, and Bla bla bla. Bla bla bla bla; bla bla bla bla. Bla bla? Bla bla bla!

Ok, so you have said the same thing over and over on like 40 posts. We get it, you are not happy with coaching and with our record.  Just get over it. What do you want me to do? Quit your ******** and go to Charlotte so we don't have to make this trip every year.   "Sacrifice" now, so we can have a good showing in NC that way the Gator Bowl will even consider us next time.  Seriously, do you get off with these kinds of posts? Is ok to complain but complaining just to get people wound up is just childish.

As it stands I get irritated (maybe I feel a bit guilty) when I am compelled to make a statement by attending a game that will only hurt me to attend.

You should feel guilty.  We've got guys that have devoted FIVE years of their lives to "entertaining" you on the football field, and you can't find it in your heart to drop $500 and go to their first ever bowl game.  Nice.

As for the marketing device, that entails putting a competitive team on the field

They weren't competitive enough for you this year?  Are you retarded?  THEY FINISHED THIRD IN THE BIG EAST.  That, by definition, is above the median and therefore "competitive."  Perhaps your definition of competitive differs from mine... maybe only USC and Texas are competitive in your mind, who knows.  Inconsistent, I'll grant you... but to call this team non-competitive shows your ignorance.

holding the term student athlete in high regard

USF has the highest APR rate of any D-1 football program in the state AND is in the top 20% nationally.  Not good enough for you?

and marketing that team for all its worth.

Well, according to your opinion, this year's team isn't worth going to see because they're not competitive, so why market them?

Getting killed by Georgia in a BCS bowl on national television wouldn't have been the ideal situation.

Oh, good, so you wouldn't have gone to the BCS bowl OR the Meineke bowl.  You're right... you're not pouting... you're just a fan who's a fan just so other people can see him and say "Oh, look, that man cheers for a winner!"  Deep down, you probably don't give a crap about the players, the team, or the coaching staff.

Basically, it sounds like you're just a bitter bandwagon loser who doesn't realize or deserve the privelidge of watching the green and gold suit up.  So stay home and keep your paltry $500.  You can buy a lot of UCF season tickets with that... I hear they're going to win 9 games next year.  Sounds like the bandwagon's pulling up...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

"Fans" like you are pathetic.  Assclown.

Smazza will NOT be happy about this ............   >:(

pariah

n : a person who is rejected (from society or home) [syn: outcast, castaway, Ishmael]

I think it's obvious that Pariah, like a cerain other three lettered name poster, is one of those who posts outrageous crap just to get attention and reaction ......... and ACCEI is right, it's pathetic.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

wouldn't it be ironic if Pariah was in the penalty box..., then he'd be a true outcast...

or even more ironic if he were BullOnly in disguise (<-hmm)

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231

Sounds like the bandwagon's pulling up...

I never said the team wasn't comeptitive, that the school didn't hold student athlete in high regard but I will say that the marketing sucks. By all means put words into my mouth and then attack them. While your at it change your name again and make up some incredibly whitty way to pat yourself on the back. Im done rolling around in the mud with you, you seem to enjoy it.

I never said the team wasn't comeptitive, that the school didn't hold student athlete in high regard but I will say that the marketing sucks. By all means put words into my mouth and then attack them. While your at it change your name again and make up some incredibly whitty way to pat yourself on the back. Im done rolling around in the mud with you, you seem to enjoy it.

If that means you're done posting your negative, non-supportive crap, then I've done my job.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

wouldn't it be ironic if Pariah was in the penalty box..., then he'd be a true outcast...

I think "fitting" is better used there than "ironic" ....

What's ironic is his signature:

The trouble with USF football is that it does not remain an avocation. It becomes an obsession.

We obviously have different definitions of "obsession".

or even more ironic if he were BullOnly in disguise (<-hmm)

Has Mariah posted at all on the Mad Cow? There's no way if it's BullOnly that he could control himself NOT to post over there ...