• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Herd of Thunder Fan Club

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Days Won:  0

At the Cincy game, we saw a couple of people with signs cheering on the band.  At Charlotte, let's see how many Herd of Thunder signs are flying during our pregame and halftime shows!!!

Sincerely,

Herd of Thunder Marching Band 2005, Mellophone

Guest bandguy

Look, posts like this is what gives all HOT members a bad wrap.  Everyone here likes what the band does, but it's about the football team, not the band.

Band dorks with egos and no perspective is what give all of us the label - band geek.

Get over it.  We threw down from day 1 and we didn't need a "PR" person to remind people about it.

PS - UAB and UCF called, they want their uniforms and pregame back.

Former USF band guy.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

I disagree, thought maybe it's because I am a band geek (I prefer band dork, but let's not split hairs). People come for the football, it's true, but what's wrong with supporting the band in the process? If you've got a sign for the team and one for the band on the back, then so be it. If you've got one for just the band, that's fine too. At least it means they're attentive and enthusiastic Would you rather people go get a beer during the halftime show?

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

bandguy - as a former Marching Knight (whoa, band people everywhere all of a sudden), and member of our band alumni chapter - there's a positive way for alumni like you, who obviously have an opinion, to voice it.  Does your program have an alumni chapter yet?  Why not start it instead of complaining .

Can't argue with the uniform and pregame observations though, I noticed the same thing myself on 9/17.   8)

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

LOL, not sure if he was ever in the USF band with those remarks. But whatever. I think our band is doing quite well and i hear we are getting new unis next year.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

Look, posts like this is what gives all HOT members a bad wrap.  Everyone here likes what the band does, but it's about the football team, not the band.

Band dorks with egos and no perspective is what give all of us the label - band geek.

Get over it.  We threw down from day 1 and we didn't need a "PR" person to remind people about it.

PS - UAB and UCF called, they want their uniforms and pregame back.

Former USF band guy.

BandGuy,

I could not agree with you more.  The job of the Herd, SunDolls, and Cheerleaders are to energize the crowd to energize and cheer on the football team to victory.

You shoudl be assured that the H.O.T. does have perspective on their role, but what's the harm in tyring to generate support for OUR activity during the times when we are in the spotlight?

As a H.O.T. alumnus, you should be proud of H.O.T. and do as much as possible to support the Herd; especially during gameday when we are performing our shows.

I've seen a couple of posts and talked with some alumni of USF (not H.O.T.) about the bands traveling to away games...How are we to raise money to go on these trips if there's no PR.  ;)  H.O.T. is in a totally new dynasty of our young history.

GO BULLS!!!  KICK SOME WOLFPACK ARSE!!!

Sincerely,

Herd of Thunder Marching Band 2005, Mellophone

P.S. Power of Who?....Couldn't hear over the HERD!!!

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Man... we have a lot of cocks on this board!

I agree... the HOT program is an instrumental part of the Athletic programs of the university, being the backbone of the 12th man on the field.

It doesnt hurt that people support the program, although I would only hope that more people support the universities athletic teams.

Public Relations (PR) is not what band is about.  Although, after adding two PR Lt's this year, we have seen incresed band enrollment and have been able to help better our program in many ways.  We DO need a PR team so that we can rasie money for the program to be run and to help recruit, as well as many other things.  

It isnt bad that people support us... but they better be supporting the entire university!

(PS: F off sam sneed)

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Good answer.  HOT is awesome and definitely outplayed UCF and Miami i/m/o and to my surprise.   Much better product this year.   FAMU...just a different kind of show, their talent is not necessarily in the music.

You guys rock and anyone who knows anything about Bands can see you have got it together.   Looking forward to seeing you all in Charlotte.

Which Hotel is the Band in?

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Great response, and thanks!

We may have "outplayed" them, but like Mr B said on one of the boards... we shouldnt try to have band contests.  Thats high school... we need to support the contest between the sports teams!

As for FAMU, they are a different style, and I don't think the show they had in RJS was really up to the 100's normal par.  I've seen them do better, but they still knoked some socks off huh?!

The hotel I'm not 'sure' yet, but I believe its a doubletree from some of the paperwork i found in the office.  No clue though, they havent offically announced anything.  Knowing us, prolly 12 miles outside the city  ;D