• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Suggestion for Herd of Thunder

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

With your upcoming CD... perhaps you might consider making it available as a digital download from your site?  

I'd probably just burn the CD to MP3 and then store it away, so you may be able to save some production costs by distributing the files electronically, a la iTunes.

Just a suggestion.  I'd rip it and put it right on my MP3 player anyway, this'd just save me a step.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

you may want to PM the assistant director (he is on these boards) or contact him through the HOT website (band.arts.usf.edu).  

Personally I think this is a great idea, since alot of the word is so MP3 savvy now.  But also make the CD for those who want it instead.

you may want to PM the assistant director (he is on these boards) or contact him through the HOT website (band.arts.usf.edu).  

Personally I think this is a great idea, since alot of the word is so MP3 savvy now.  But also make the CD for those who want it instead.

Yup. A dual-distribution method.  Sell CDs for those who want it, but let those of us who prefer digital get them directly from the USF Band site (and pay for them via PayPal, Credit Card, etc).

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Days Won:  0

Great suggestion, and something we're certainly considering.  We need to make sure we have the capability to set it up online, and check copyright issues.  I'll check it out--thanks for the input!

Great suggestion, and something we're certainly considering.  We need to make sure we have the capability to set it up online, and check copyright issues.  I'll check it out--thanks for the input!

Not a problem.  Plus, I'd get my hands on the tunes faster  ;D

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

With audio files already available on our website (band.arts.usf.edu), I currently do not see any issues with us putting the files online (once we record them!).  We have all of the Pre-game music online... although... we are currently looking for ways to raise funds without having to sit at the corner Marathon station washing cars  ;D

I would assume songs like #8 (also called the Spainard) will be up as soon as I get the recording...

Keep supporting us!  You support us... we support you supporting the team!  Odd turn around... haha

Billy

HOT Webmaster

With audio files already available on our website (band.arts.usf.edu), I currently do not see any issues with us putting the files online (once we record them!).  We have all of the Pre-game music online... although... we are currently looking for ways to raise funds without having to sit at the corner Marathon station washing cars  ;D

I would assume songs like #8 (also called the Spainard) will be up as soon as I get the recording...

Keep supporting us!  You support us... we support you supporting the team!  Odd turn around... haha

Billy

HOT Webmaster

Billy:

If you could find a way to let us purchase them electronically from your site (or any other site), I'm sure we'd be willing to pay.

We do appreciate the free audio, but we know you guys need to make some coin.   ;D

def working on it!  I talked to Mr. B today... we are trying to figure out arrangments for things...

Most of our problems come from distributing the things we sell... I mean, really... no one wants to have to go to the LIF office and pick it up (if we can even keep it staffed).  

Ideas are coming across... although if you find anything that might work... let us know!  We could try to do iTunes or the Athletics online store or somehting... but we would like to keep it in house so we can make it cheeper and make more money!  ;D

If anyone knows of a site that sells mp3's for people or maybe how paypal would work... let me know.  Yea I'm a webmaster... but one in learning!  

Thanks for any input!

Billy

HOT Webmaster & Public Relations

check out this site:

http://www.tradebit.com/

see how that works... does anyone think that would be an easy... good way to do it?

let me know!

Billy

HOT Webmaster & PR