• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

gol has demonstrated

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not the one needing to hang on to anything. You clowns don't seem to grasp the fact that the only reason GOL is being looked at for COY is because he did a crappy job of coaching last year. Jeebus, how hard is this for you to grasp?? ........... He couldn't coach well enough last year to get one win with that pathetic schedule. He's more suited for the Comeback Coach of the Year which I've seen his name associated with in various places....

And I understand that YOU all need this to make YOU feel better, which is all good. You deserve a little joy in your lives.

Is it so tough for you to grasp the situation GOL landed in last year?  He cut out the cancer.  He had only 70+ on scholarship last year.  He coached the remaining players up and developed discipline and an amazing work ethic that was never there before (especially in the offseason) and a belief in his system.  He committed to playing the freshman and developing depth.  He coached them up and recruited like mad.  

How hard is that for YOU to grasp?  Every single COY award has him as a candidate.  Open your eyes man.  Get a clue.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Is it so tough for you to grasp the situation GOL landed in last year?  He cut out the cancer.  He had only 70+ on scholarship last year.  He coached the remaining players up and developed discipline and an amazing work ethic that was never there before (especially in the offseason) and a belief in his system.  He committed to playing the freshman and developing depth.  He coached them up and recruited like mad.  

How hard is that for YOU to grasp?  Every single COY award has him as a candidate.  Open your eyes man.  Get a clue.

Stop the nonsense. With 70+ scholarship players, mostly from Florida, any coach worth a **** can get them to beat teams like Buffalo and Ball State.

I'm not saying he's not doing a good job THIS year but the reason he's on everybody's radar is that the team was coming off an 0-17 run with 11 of those losses contributed to GOL. The only pub UCF has gotten in the last year and a half has been because of the 0-17 run, which magnified the accomplishments THIS year.

Open YOUR eyes and get a freaking clue.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

You said he did a crappy job last year.  The fact that this year's team turned it and he is considered a Coach of the Year candidate by everyone is because of the coaching he and his staff did last year installing a new system.  Keeping it simple until they got it.  Committing to a youth movement.  Getting the players to believe in each other and the system despite going 0-11.  Pull that 20lb crab out of your arse and you'd recognize it.  

You said he did a crappy job last year.  The fact that this year's team turned it and he is considered a Coach of the Year candidate by everyone is because of the coaching he and his staff did last year installing a new system.  Keeping it simple until they got it.  Committing to a youth movement.  Getting the players to believe in each other and the system despite going 0-11.  Pull that 20lb crab out of your arse and you'd recognize it.

He DID do a crappy job last year. He was 0 and freaking 11! You should be able to beat Buffalo and Ball State running the same play over and over again ...........

Give it up. There are NO excuses, zero, none why a team from Florida shouldn't have won at least ONE game with the nancies ucf had on their schedule last year. With that win, ucf would have fallen off the national radar and this year would have been a good year but would not have garnered all the hullabaloo, especially being in CUSA.

Now quit trying to justify it and just revel in the moment ...

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

He did do a skitty job of coaching last year, if you can't sqeak a win in the MAC there are not excuses.

However, after watching his teams in the 90s at GT and the fact that he got the ND job shows he does have some coaching value. Unless UCF pays for him he will be at a big school (North Carolina, Texas A&M, or Michigan State) by 2007

However, after watching his teams in the 90s at GT and the fact that he got the ND job shows he does have some coaching value. Unless UCF pays for him he will be at a big school (North Carolina, Texas A&M, or Michigan State) by 2007

I really think GOL IS a good coach, also . I just don't think you reward someone with an award like COY when it was set up by doing a half-ass job the previous year ...

He DID do a crappy job last year. He was 0 and freaking 11! You should be able to beat Buffalo and Ball State running the same play over and over again ...........

Give it up. There are NO excuses, zero, none why a team from Florida shouldn't have won at least ONE game with the nancies ucf had on their schedule last year. With that win, ucf would have fallen off the national radar and this year would have been a good year but would not have garnered all the hullabaloo, especially being in CUSA.

Now quit trying to justify it and just revel in the moment ...

You really haven't a clue about football and what it takes to make the type of changes needed at UCF.

Let it go.  You're just being foolish.

I really think GOL IS a good coach, also . I just don't think you reward someone with an award like COY when it was set up by doing a half-ass job the previous year ...

I'm sure it's not the first time you've held the overwhelming minority opinion nor the last.

Maybe you'll actually get lucky and back into a bowl tomorrow.  Enjoy.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

and will not be the last time

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

This is the dumbest thing smazza has ever posted.....

I guess he missed how our 'bad' coach completely inviscerated ucf's 'good' coach...

When the tinmen play a good team they collapse like a house of cards.

Find a brain...