• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scripts heading to Orlando

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Don't look now but Scripps could be headed to Orlando.

....or Bradenton, or Miami, or out of the State completely.

Personally, I don't care where it goes. Tampa or Miami would be a good fit b/c of the existing medical centers already doing world class research. Orlando would take some time b/c if Scripps went to orange/seminole county UCF would assurdly get their medical school. However, it would take time to build infrastructure to grow the research programs. Unless UCF is going to spend millions on hiring expensive grant savvy scientists it's going to be slow to ramp up.

bottom line is that Scripps shouldn't be allowed to leave the state.

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

....or Bradenton, or Miami, or out of the State completely.

Personally, I don't care where it goes. Tampa or Miami would be a good fit b/c of the existing medical centers already doing world class research. Orlando would take some time b/c if Scripps went to orange/seminole county UCF would assurdly get their medical school. However, it would take time to build infrastructure to grow the research programs. Unless UCF is going to spend millions on hiring expensive grant savvy scientists it's going to be slow to ramp up.

bottom line is that Scripps shouldn't be allowed to leave the state.

Oh for some stupid reason, projects like this get all starry eyed over Orlando.  I wouldn't put it past there.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709
  • Days Won:  0

Oh for some stupid reason, projects like this get all starry eyed over Orlando.  I wouldn't put it past there.

Of course.  They actually do some research and not let their feelings get involved in business.  They are smart.  Unlike others.

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Of course.  They actually do some research and not let their feelings get involved in business.  They are smart.  Unlike others.

Not quite, koolaid boy.