• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF AD talks about benefits of On-Campus Stadium

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

From a thread on the Main Board about a story on USF from Ch 9, Bull2K said USF's AD mentioned this:

" I thought the show was good press overall for USF because Doug Woolard was on there. I loved how Doug quickly countered that interview piece wiith his argument about USF only being about 50 years old. He also talking about the upgraded to the SUNDOME and all the other sports on campus. Then he talked about USF having an on-campus football stadium years down the road because it would be better for the university. He said having an on-campus stadium will only help because it will showcase the outsiders on how big and beautiful the USF campus has become since they will be at the football games on campus."

------------------------------------

That's the first time I've heard someone at USF (high up) mention the benefits of an On-Campus Stadium.

Since more then 1/2 of USF fans recently in a thread about an on-campus stadium wrote that they would prefer their OWN stadium, on-campus compared to RJS...maybe this AD gets the ball rolling for you guys.

KL

PS. Or...the AD uses the "threat" of an on-campus stadium to get a better lease from RJS/Tampa Stadium Authority and Bucs Owners.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Either scenario is good by me :)

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

From a thread on the Main Board about a story on USF from Ch 9, Bull2K said USF's AD mentioned this:

" I thought the show was good press overall for USF because Doug Woolard was on there. I loved how Doug quickly countered that interview piece wiith his argument about USF only being about 50 years old. He also talking about the upgraded to the SUNDOME and all the other sports on campus. Then he talked about USF having an on-campus football stadium years down the road because it would be better for the university. He said having an on-campus stadium will only help because it will showcase the outsiders on how big and beautiful the USF campus has become since they will be at the football games on campus."

------------------------------------

That's the first time I've heard someone at USF (high up) mention the benefits of an On-Campus Stadium.

Since more then 1/2 of USF fans recently in a thread about an on-campus stadium wrote that they would prefer their OWN stadium, on-campus compared to RJS...maybe this AD gets the ball rolling for you guys.

KL

Actually, I'm sure way more than 1/2 of USF fans on this board prefer an on-campus stadium but 99.9% realize it is not needed NOW and is something for years down the road just like Woolard ...

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

No doubt...but just thought it was interesting since this was the first public comment I heard (and others) ever by an USF leader about any possibility of an on-campus stadium "someday" (obviously not too soon).

KL

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it will happen down the road

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

PS. Or...the AD uses the "threat" of an on-campus stadium to get a better lease from RJS/Tampa Stadium Authority and Bucs Owners.

I think this is a possibility, and actually expect that our next contract will have much better terms for USF.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

I'd love to see a USF Stadium on campus!!  That would be great for USF and the community!!