• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Volleyball Makes Early Signing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

http://gobulls.usf.edu/Sports/News.asp?i=1971&s=Volleyball

If Alli is really 6'3" and can block as well as her numbers say she can, I believe this is a great signing for Claire and the rest of the volleyball staff.  If we could get 1 or 2 more 6' and over outside hitters to go along with Kate setting the ball and Kristina hitting, I think we could see the program turn around in the next couple seasons.  

I think Claire is on track and hopefully volleyball will make a comeback to what it was 3 or so years ago

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

The program isn't really in decline, it is just suffering from injuries from what I've read...

They really dont have the height or the talent right now to compete with Louisville, Notre Dame etc. right now....They need tall girls to come in and they need to play better defense.  Injuries are playing a part but not big enough to really turn this team around

Actually I would not say that dont have the talent, the talent we have is playing in the wrong positions.  Cant have 5'10 outside hitters and expect to be successful

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Okay, hadn't heard that.  Thanks.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

Did you just really say injuries aren’t enough to turn this team around? Are you kidding? They've been without their best player all season. Their returning setter hasn't played a game. Their stud freshmen played a single exhibition. They've got about two capable subs on any given night. I agree they need to get taller, but to say injuries aren’t enough to turn this team around is asinine.

Also, dont overlook Michelle Stalbaum in the talent department. She's got the best serve on the team and has put up about twice as many career double-doubles as Fabris has.