• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why is it alright...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

for black NBA players to claim bling-bling chains as some kind of racial identity, yet when the Air Force football coach describes how black players have speed it is some kind of horrific act of racism?

Can anyone say "blatant double standard".

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

I 100% agree!

This form of PC Totalitarianism is gaining ground in our country...did you notice how quickly the A.F. coach fell in step with the "correct" words to say.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

in the words of LOB99... Political Correctness will destroy us... ::)

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

for black NBA players to claim bling-bling chains as some kind of racial identity, yet when the Air Force football coach describes how black players have speed it is some kind of horrific act of racism?

Can anyone say "blatant double standard".

i'm not mr. pc but i think both statements are crap....

the chains are a hip/hop generation thing....i bet plenty of white/hispanic/other kids dress like nba players....

the statement about black players having speed....please there are also white players with speed and black players that are slow.

maybe in about 2000 more yrs people will see other people and not the color of their skin or language they speak.

the statement about black players having speed....please there are also white players with speed and black players that are slow.

maybe in about 2000 more yrs people will see other people and not the color of their skin or language they speak.

If you can find a copy of the coach's statements...he was basically saying that although he is aware that there are fast white players, the inability to recruit more black players (who tend to be faster, as a group) is hampering his efforts at building a better team.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

i was just going off your statement i hadn't read anything about it....

i just find it ignorant when people relate athleticism to race.

the nba has mostly black players...blah blah....how come white europeans are entering the league and having a lot of success....it has nothing to do with race but how talented and how much one wants to work to achieve greatness.