• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Atterbury Honored in Muma College of Business 25 Under 25

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,086
  • Days Won:  469

The Dump Truck and Atterbury

From GoUSFBulls.com

Atterbury Honored in Muma College of Business 25 Under 25

ATTERBURY HONORED IN MUMA COLLEGE OF BUSINESS 25 UNDER 25

VOTE: You can vote for Atterbury as the Most Remarkable member of the 25 Under 25 HERE

Bulls three-year starter will earn master's degree in May, continues to pursue professional football while lining up a post-playing career

TAMPA, April 12, 2020 – Bulls offensive lineman William Atterbury (Clearwater) was honored for his achievements in the classroom and community when he was recognized by the USF Muma College of Business 25 Under 25 program.

25 Under 25 GraphicAtterbury, who started 39 games and helped plow the way for three 1,000-yard seasons for Bulls rushers, will graduate in May with a Master of Science degree in entrepreneurship & applied technologies after posting a 3.9 graduate school grade-point average. Atterbury finished his undergrad early with a 3.2 GPA and received a degree in finance.

"The coaches and players in USF football really helped me develop more as a young adult and provided me many opportunities to become involved and give back to the community," said Atterbury, who was required to submit an essay for the 25 Under 25 program. "I talked about that experience and being able to graduate early and maintain a high GPA with the demands of being a collegiate athlete, and also the great community opportunities we took part in, such as A Day in Green and Gold."

Atterbury also credited the Selmon Mentoring Institute with providing him an excellent mentor in former USF football and baseball player Otis Dixon, who took Atterbury under his wing and showed him the ropes at Westshore Financial.

"The Selmon Mentoring Institute helped prepare me in a professional setting that most athletes don't get to experience and I was paired with a really outstanding mentor who gave me and continues to give me great direction in my career," Atterbury said.

Atterbury also was able to complete an internship with Dais Corporation, a publicly traded research company in the Bay area that provides "industry-changing" nanotechnology applications that address the growth of global water and energy demand. He also gave back to the area prep football scene that helped develop him for his time at USF by lifting and working with players at several area high schools.

William AtterburyWhile Atterbury has his business career well on its way, including a possible forthcoming position at a Bay area Fortune 500 insurance firm, the magnet of football continues to draw his attention. He's currently working out with good friend and fellow Bulls lineman Marcus Norman and has received recent calls from several NFL teams and scouts. He has secured an agent and looks forward to an opportunity arising around the NFL Draft.

Atterbury is currently social distancing with roommates Norman and former Bull Trent Shaw near the USF campus and looking forward to receiving his master's degree in May, even if it is virtually presented.

- #GoBulls –

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Pretty awesome.  He has a very small chance in professional football, but he should do big things off the field