• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Real STK sighting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I think the Houston fan is the biggest idiot. He said that USF sucked.  Was I imagining things when I saw USF beat them here 45-6 and in Houston 32-14?  

• Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Those pathetic losers are still obsessing about us on their conference board.  That is hilarious.  Don't they have anything better to talk about?  How sad.  GET A CLUE!!!!!  USF LEFT C-DOA BEHIND!!!!!!

Normal

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

You can't take them too seriously, they've all got a serious case of Conference Envy. If you've noticed, NCUSA Football isn't exactly setting the world on fire. UTEP is the only team doing anything. (Though we must cut Tulane and USM some slack, given the Hurricane Katrina situation.)

I liked the guy who said "USF had so many first downs against UCF that I went to McDonald's after the game." That was pretty funny.

If anyone should feel slighted it is USF.  USF was kept out of the conference and was 4-0 against C-USA teams in 2002, yet was shut out of the bowls because of slightly above .500 teams from CUSA.  Hell, what were we supposed to do say "No Big East, CUSA has been so good to us we want to stay"?

If anyone should feel slighted it is USF.  USF was kept out of the conference and was 4-0 against C-USA teams in 2002, yet was shut out of the bowls because of slightly above .500 teams from CUSA.

That's not quite fair. They didn't just arbitrarily do this, the bowl slots in question were contracted before the season started. CUSA was also active in reserving the Hawaii bowl slot for USF, if the qualifiers fell through. They did not have to do this, but did so on our behalf. Unfortunately for us, Cincinnati beat East Carolina in the season finale to be the last qualifier.

The real travesty of that season was the Seattle Bowl's demand that we pay them $1 million in exchange for a bowl invitation. The NCAA should have pulled their certification on the spot. Or at least passed rules prohibiting bowl games from extorting from NCAA member institutions.

As it turned out, the Seattle Bowl invited Wake Forest instead of us... you know, since they have a viable fan base for football and we don't. Not surprisingly, the Seattle Bowl (which was in financial trouble anyway) went defunct shortly thereafter. I made a really bitter Photochop cartoon out of that whole situation, but I never posted it.

Hell, what were we supposed to do say "No Big East, CUSA has been so good to us we want to stay"?

You're right about that. First they didn't want us to join, then they got mad at us for leaving.

The point that I was trying to make was if USF was in CUSA, they might have been able to improve upon that 4-0 mark and grabbed one of the spots those almost .500 teams received.

True that.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1