• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Follow the drumline

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

For the next home game, if you haven't done it yet, you should follow the drumline all the way down to the parking lot.  I've done it for the past two games, and there is nothing more exciting and that pumps you up more than following that drumline while everybody in the back screams U-S-F, U-S-F.  They start marching on the ramp that is by the Pirate Ship.  Give it a try after the next home game.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  446

Just know they don't do this after every game.  They're 3 for 3 this season.  Last year, they only did it a couple of times in the whole season.

I try to lobby to the drum corp leader at some point during every game.  It's my daughters (3 yr old) favorite part of the night.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Maybe we can make this a post-game tradition. I know many of you are dismissing this because you simply have no interest in bands (like me) but following them down the ramp gives you that warm "let's go fight the British" feeling from back in the day.  

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

I did it for the UL game...It was AWESOME.  The students kept chantin' USF and they were just so pumped.  It was a beautiful thing... ;D

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Why we are on the topic of the band:

I sit in Section 112 and have a hard time hearing the fight song after a score.  Not many people, if any, in our area do the chant during the fight song, probably because they can't hear the music.   The crowd is loud and the band is small.

Is it possible to put microphones in front of the band and have the music piped over the loud speakers only after scores?  It would be great to hear the fight song throughout the whole stadium after a score.

I grew up going to FSU and UF games and on many occasions sat near the bands.  I could always remember seeing tall stands with microphones on the top in front of the bands.  Not sure if it was for TV or maybe they were piping the music over speakers?

Just curious.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

I did this a few yrs ago when we beat southern piss it was GREAT!

Also if more people would do this then maybe people would actually stay until the end of the game  ::)