• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ashley Burns SHUTS THE HELL UP!

Guest S.  Bien

Yes, 2 for 1 or 3 for 1.  That goes without saying, though.

You'd think it would, but my bet is that UCF's ego's will just not go for a deal like that....  O'Leary even went as far as saying he didn't consider us BCS yet.  

I think we should just tell them that sure we'll play again, but 2 for 1, starting at our home in 07', skip 08', then resume in 09 and 10.  Something like that works well for USF, it gives people the home pop in attendance they want, and we use our leverage in the proper manner.

Unfortunately, I think we'll hit an impasse because from all the posturing the powers that be in Orlando have a false-sense of reality.  They just don't want to believe it, and will refuse to agree to a contract that would symbolize it.  If that's the case then let's stick with FAMU, and FIU, or move to FAU.

They'll probably call Rep. Constantdrip to see if he can do more legislative moves, but my bet is after this beating some will just tell him to leave it alone.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

I would deliberately NOT attend the game next year to "cast my vote" as saying I personally do not want USF to start a rivalry with UCF.

Unfortunately, if that's what it takes, people Not showing up to keep this bore of a match up from continuing, then that's what I'll do.

Is it really more boring than Cincinnati?  Politically correct answers not accepted.  That game may have bowl implications, but on paper I'd rather see UCF play in Tampa than Cinci.  

Obviously Cinci is in the same conference, but Cincy has been a 'blah' draw for USF for years.  You talk about no shows.  

The bowl picture may make it well-attended (or even worse this year), but USF folks clearly never get pumped up for that one.  It will be interesting to see if UConn and Rutgers have that same effect next year.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

You'd think it would, but my bet is that UCF's ego's will just not go for a deal like that....  O'Leary even went as far as saying he didn't consider us BCS yet.  

I think we should just tell them that sure we'll play again, but 2 for 1, starting at our home in 07', skip 08', then resume in 09 and 10.  Something like that works well for USF, it gives people the home pop in attendance they want, and we use our leverage in the proper manner.

Unfortunately, I think we'll hit an impasse because from all the posturing the powers that be in Orlando have a false-sense of reality.  They just don't want to believe it, and will refuse to agree to a contract that would symbolize it.  If that's the case then let's stick with FAMU, and FIU, or move to FAU.

They'll probably call Rep. Constantdrip to see if he can do more legislative moves, but my bet is after this beating some will just tell him to leave it alone.

Yes, but I suppose that is their problem.  It would almost be funny if USF approached the media with that deal.  

"USF extends 2 for 1 offer to UCF".  I know it isn't their style, but it would be funny.

Think of the headlines.  :-)

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  118

Cincy is better than UCF and I believe ( and I also think the Big East thinks) that Cincy will improve. Where as who knows what direction UCF is going in.

I go to USF games because I love USF. I don't go to show I approve of who they choose to play each year.

I would continue to attend home USF vs UCF games because I have season tickets, NOT because I like UCF as a choice of opponent.

I don't understand wishy washy fans that would skip a USF home game because of the opponent.  They are not true USF fans.

But if somebody is going to misconscrew my attendance at the Citrus Bowl as being a pronouncement that I love the idea of USF vs. UCF rivalry, they are out of their ever loving minds. I would only go to support my team.

I went up to Penn State this year and had a great time. I plan on going to at least one road game each year and hopefully soon, some USF bowl games.

I went up to Cincy last year to see USF play Cincy. And we lost. Remember....

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

You know, I think you just hit the nail on the head.  For years, the USF athletic department has done a good job of getting the important things done (conference affiliation, extending Leavitt's contract, etc.).  However, they've never been particularly good at motivating the press to shed the program in a positive light.  Meanwhile, if there's one thing UCF's been good at, it's been getting the press to do their bidding.  Let's face it, Kruczek had folks like Bianchi eating out of his hand trying to force this game when we didn't have as many scholarships as they did.  Now Orsini's doing the same thing.  I'm waiting for him to hire Karl Rove.  USF needs our own person working the media so that we get them actually behind us instead of waiting to pounce (Jerry Winters, Sami Al-Arian...).

USFFan

good point, and it would be great if we could have the best of both worlds. However as much as I hate the lack of media support and the silence from our program I'd still prefer us doing what we did over smoke & mirrors.

Is it really more boring than Cincinnati?  Politically correct answers not accepted.  That game may have bowl implications, but on paper I'd rather see UCF play in Tampa than Cinci.  

Obviously Cinci is in the same conference, but Cincy has been a 'blah' draw for USF for years.  You talk about no shows.  

The bowl picture may make it well-attended (or even worse this year), but USF folks clearly never get pumped up for that one.  It will be interesting to see if UConn and Rutgers have that same effect next year.

Actually the game a couple years ago on halloween was very exciting, triple overtime if I recall. I'd much prefer to see a triple overtime conference game any day over the tuneup we had the other day...at least on a regular basis. That being said, is anyone here saying we hope cincy will be a rival or pushing for that? As long as we are imagining a rivalry wouldn't you prefer UL, Pitt or WVU? And frankly I think UConn has incredible potential and could be a very good rival in time, there is some history there and we probably have more in common with them then just about any other team.

For the one who mentioned the attendence, the number was admitted to being inflated.  The announced crowd was around 45k and the actual was a little over 40k.

actually I was talking about not seeing alot of ucf fans bashing us about the inflated attendance this particular game. In all other games if we talk about the great attendance it is pretty much assured ucf fans would bash the figure. However, this week you've all used the inflated 45k number as proof of the interest in the game, I just find that a bit humorous.

Guest S.  Bien

Yes, but I suppose that is their problem.  It would almost be funny if USF approached the media with that deal.  

"USF extends 2 for 1 offer to UCF".  I know it isn't their style, but it would be funny.

Think of the headlines.  :-)

That's also how you combat guys like Rep. Constantdrip.  Tell him that we're willing to play, but we checked the market and for USF it's a buyers market.  Here's our contract and we're sticking to it.  For examples look at WVU v. Marshall, and FIU v. USF....  Rep. Constantdrip might get all mad, and try to call on legislation but when Judy Genshaft talks to a few state Senators and say, look show me how UCF is in a better position than those other two aforementioned schools, and if not why should we sign a contract any different then those schools are willing to sign?  Pretty tough for them to disagree with that point no matter how Rep. Constantdrip believes differently.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Instead of the 'War on I-4', I think a "Turnpike Tussel' between FAU and UCF would certainly be more evenly matched and would help both teams' attendance keep above the 1-A minimums.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Actually the game a couple years ago on halloween was very exciting, triple overtime if I recall. I'd much prefer to see a triple overtime conference game any day over the tuneup we had the other day...at least on a regular basis. That being said, is anyone here saying we hope cincy will be a rival or pushing for that? As long as we are imagining a rivalry wouldn't you prefer UL, Pitt or WVU? And frankly I think UConn has incredible potential and could be a very good rival in time, there is some history there and we probably have more in common with them then just about any other team.

A rivalry will evnetually manifest itself but it's going to take some time and playing games of significance, ie games that mean something ....... Look at the Bucs/Eagles in the pros. While it's not the Eagles/Cowboys, it's a quieter rivalry because of the meaningful games played. Same with FSU/Miami, that rivalry got going because those games MEANT something to BOTH teams in the national championship picture year after year.......... Say what you want but the USF/UCF game really only MEANT something to one school.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

A rivalry will evnetually manifest itself but it's going to take some time and playing games of significance, ie games that mean something ....... Look at the Bucs/Eagles in the pros. While it's not the Eagles/Cowboys, it's a quieter rivalry because of the meaningful games played. Same with FSU/Miami, that rivalry got going because those games MEANT something to BOTH teams in the national championship picture year after year.......... Say what you want but the USF/UCF game really only MEANT something to one school.

ummmmm....after a double take I think you just said exactly the same thing I've been saying.....I think...  :-/

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

ummmmm....after a double take I think you just said exactly the same thing I've been saying.....I think...  :-/

Probably is, I get confused some times ...... plus, I hate just writing, "I agree".   ;)