• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Two Minute Warning: DeAndrew Rubin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Is Graber still coaching for Frankfurt?  I didn't think he would be since he became the new DB coach for the Jets.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Is Graber still coaching for Frankfurt?  I didn't think he would be since he became the new DB coach for the Jets.

Didn't know this ... Thanx !

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

For those who get NFL Network, you might want to tune in on April 3rd. DeAndrew has been assigned Jersey #80.

NFL Network To Air 22 NFL Europe Games

posted 03/19/2004

Starting in April, pro football fans will have the opportunity to see future NFL stars competing for a World Bowl championship as NFL Network televises 22 games from the 2004 NFL Europe League season.

NFL Network's coverage begins in primetime on Saturday, April 3 at 8 pm (ET) when the Amsterdam Admirals travel to Germany to take on the defending champion Frankfurt Galaxy in the season opener. NFL Europe on NFL Network continues through the final week of the regular season on Sunday, June 6.

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2004/03/19/1/

Some NFL Europe games eventually wind up on NFL.com to be seen in streaming video, but I don't know right now if this will be one of them. You can check during the season at the "Video Highlights" link on this page:

http://www.nfleurope.com/admirals/frames.html

rubin200.jpg

http://www.admirals.nl/team/bio2004/rubin_deandrew.html

A couple of their W/R's are injured, so maybe DeAndrew will get a real chance to do his thing tomorrow.

Full list of injuries for Week 1 games

AMSTERDAM ADMIRALS (0-0) AT FRANKFURT GALAXY (0-0)

Amsterdam Admirals      Out: WR Andre Forde (hamstring) - IR; RB Travis

Stephens (shoulder) - IR; DE Cliff Washburn (quad) - IR.

Doubtful: WR Alejandro Gamez (ankle)

DeAndrew is listed on the depth chart:

http://www.admirals.nl/team/depthchart/depth01.html

Speaking of W/R's, Scott McCready is playing for the Scottish Claymores.

http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/football/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=6564

There is no mention whether DeAndrew played in the game today. Maybe it's better that way since his team got trounced:

Dynamic duo leads Galaxy romp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 3, 2004

NFL Europe

Amsterdam Admirals 11 Frankfurt Galaxy 34

Waldstadion, Frankfurt, Germany.

Attendance: 21,269

Skip Hicks helped power the Frankfurt Galaxy to an impressive Week 1 victory. photo: photo-stock.co.uk

Running backs Leonard Henry and Skip Hicks powered the defending World Bowl champion Frankfurt Galaxy to a one-sided opening night defeat of the Amsterdam Admirals, combining for 267 total yards and each finding the end zone.

Henry, of the Miami Dolphins, rushed for 114 yards and added 3 receptions for 60 yards, while Hicks, of the Cincinnati Bengals, gained 86 yards on the ground and caught 1 pass for 7 yards. Hicks scored on a 56-yard sprint, while Henry found the end zone on runs of 8 and 25 yards.

Also impressing for the Galaxy was quarterback J.T. O'Sullivan (New Orleans Saints) and a defense that intercepted Admirals quarterbacks four times, forced and recovered two fumbles and kept Amsterdam out of the end zone until the game's final two minutes.

O'Sullivan completed 10 of 16 passes for 148 yards, 1 touchdown and 113.5 quarterback rating in an efficient display under center.

Both teams started the 2004 season with turnovers on their opening drives of the year. Frankfurt moved into scoring range first but wide receiver Jason Willis fumbled at the Amsterdam 15 after catching a pass from O'Sullivan and linebacker Drew Wahlroos recovered for the Admirals.

Amsterdam handed the ball back to Frankfurt when Clint Stoerner was intercepted by Galaxy safety Ricky Sharpe, who returned the ball from his own 32 to the Amsterdam 45-yard line. The home team was unable to take advantage of good field position and punted back to the Admirals.

Houston Texans wide receiver Chris Taylor got the Admirals on the move towards the end of the first period when he gained 18 yards on a reverse and caught passes of 24 and 9 yards from Stoerner. The former Claymores quarterback also hit tight end Tony Donald for a 10-yard gain but the drive stalled at the Frankfurt 22 and Todd Sievers came in to give Amsterdam a 3-0 lead with 10 seconds to play in the quarter with a successful 39-yard field goal attempt.

Frankfurt's response was emphatic as NFL veteran Hicks proved his class by romping 56 yards around left end for a touchdown less than a minute into the second period. German kicker Ralf Kleinmann added the conversion.

Jason McWilliams intercepts Admirals quarterback Clint Stoerner. photo: photo-stock.co.uk

After linebacker Jason McWilliams intercepted Stoerner in Frankfurt territory, the Galaxy extended its lead with 6:52 remaining in the second quarter when Henry skipped outside to score on an 8-yard run. On the 11-play scoring drive which began at Frankfurt's own 32, the Galaxy kept the ball on the ground on every play, with the effective Hicks and Henry splitting the workload in the backfield.

Stoerner and the Admirals continued to misfire offensively in the first half as the Miami Dolphins-allocated quarterback was picked off for a third time by Cleveland Browns linebacker Mason Unck. That allowed the Galaxy to add to their lead through Jamie Rheem's 40-yard field goal with 23 seconds remaining in the half.

Frankfurt went 24-3 ahead early in the third quarter as Hicks and Henry continued to power the offense. Henry gained 29 yards on a screen pass from O'Sullivan while Hicks caught a 7-yard pass and added a 4-yard run. The drive was capped in impressive fashion when O'Sullivan lofted a 23-yard pass into the end zone for New Orleans Saints allocated wideout Derrick Lewis. Kleinmann added the conversion.

Washington Redskins-allocated passer Gibran Hamdan sparked the Admirals offensively in the third period, but after leading them into scoring range with completions of 13, 10 and 9 yards, he was intercepted in the end zone by Galaxy cornerback Lynaris Elpheage.

Kleinmann gave Frankfurt a 27-3 lead with 8:26 left in the game when he split the uprights on a 42-yard field goal attempt. Henry capped an outstanding display late in the fourth quarter when he completed the Galaxy scoring on a 25-yard run through the heart of a down-hearted Admirals defense.

There was some consolation for the visitors when Stoerner fired a 19-yard touchdown pass to Donald with 1:51 remaining and then added a two-point conversion pass to eligible offensive lineman Tyler Lenda.

Victory meant the Galaxy tied the all-time record for franchise wins in NFL Europe League history with 59, drawing level with the Barcelona Dragons. Frankfurt also improved its wins on opening day to a league-high nine.

Evidently DeAndrew is being shown around Amsterdam by Derek Combs:

Derek Combs: NFL Europe Diary

posted 04/02/2004

Derek Combs

Much like some of the fans in the stands, when NFL Europe kicks off its 2004 season this weekend, most of the players won't know quite what to expect.

Moving into its 12th year, NFL-E has been as much about developing interest in American football overseas as it has been about young NFL players developing their skills. And for most American players, the sight of soccer-like festivities at a football game is something a little different.

But not for Green Bay Packers cornerback Derek Combs, who is about to embark upon his second tour of duty in NFL-E, back with the Amsterdam Admirals, the same team for which he played in the spring of 2002.

Then with the Oakland Raiders, it was in Europe where Combs initially began his conversion from running back, his collegiate position at Ohio State, to cornerback.

Acquired by the Packers April 24, 2002, Combs was primarily a special teams contributor in 2003, making five tackles.

Back in NFL-E, Combs is scheduled to start at cornerback in the Admirals' season-opening game against the defending-champion Frankfurt Galaxy, and should see opportunities to return punts at some point during the season as well.

What follows is the first installment of Combs' exclusive NFL Europe Diary:

Derek Combs: It was a long flight over to Europe from Orlando, but once we arrived in Amsterdam there were a few fans out to welcome us. That was nice to see.

This is my second time in NFL Europe and my second time playing for Amsterdam, and it's a great environment to play football. It's like being in college again, actually, because the stadiums are smaller and the fans get into it and everybody seems like they just go out there and have fun.

The last time I was here was when I was with the Oakland Raiders. When I left, I didn't think I'd ever be back in NFL-E, but it was a great experience for me, so when I was offered the chance to go back I jumped at it.

This is only my third season trying to play cornerback and I need the experience. Plus, it's nice to change things up and visit a new place once in a while.

That I'm back playing for the Admirals is kind of a coincidence. When I agreed to come to NFL-E again, I didn't get to pick my team. But a lot of the coaches are the same from when I was here the first time, and they liked me then, so I had a feeling they might try to bring me back.

More than anything, I think my first experience here helped me on special teams. I didn't really play special teams in college, so having that on-field experience was really valuable for what I was able to do last year.

The nice thing about being back is that I kind of know what to expect. It's also fun just being around the guys.

I've spent some time hanging out with Steve Josue, Tony Donald and DeAndrew Rubin (who was on the Packers' roster in training camp last year), but I know a bunch of other guys on the team, too, from college or around the league.

I've helped show some of the guys around town a little bit since we've gotten here -- restaurants or clubs that I remember from the first time I came over -- but it's not really that much of an adjustment from being home in America other than the obvious language differences.

The food takes some getting used to, too, but other than that it's not too bad.

I'm really excited to get out on the field again and start focusing in on playing corner and seeing what I can do.

We go to Frankfurt this weekend to play the Galaxy and that's probably the best environment here to play a football game. There are a lot of American military bases in the area, so there are more American fans there than at other games.

The crowd at Frankfurt really understands what's going on, and there will probably be about 50,000 fans there this weekend. It's going to be crazy loud. They play horns, blow on whistles, play all sorts of music. It's really intense, but that helps get you hyped up to play football, so it's good for us. Once the game starts you kind of tune out that noise.

Here in Amsterdam we used to get about 10,000 fans per game, and they get pretty loud too, but I've heard that the crowds are a little bigger now. This league has grown up a bit since the last time I was here, and that's cool to see.

I'm just excited to be here. I think we have a good team and we're just going to go out there and perform to the best of our ability and try to get our team to the World Bowl, just like everybody else.

Right now, that's what I'm after.

The Amsterdam Admirals-Frankfurt Galaxy game will be carried live on DirecTV, Saturday at 11 a.m. CT. NFL Network will have a delayed broadcast of the game at 7 p.m. CT. Derek Combs' NFL Europe diary will continue throughout the season.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

howieP- why didn't he play

injuries again?

howieP- why didn't he play

injuries again?

No mention of him being injured in that document. He Probably didn't play because he just joined the team  and still needs to learn the system, while the other WR's have been with them through the entire camp.