• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All i've got to say ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

WOOOHOOO

NEW YORK -- Mark Bellhorn is switching sides, signing with the New York Yankees after being released by the Boston Red Sox, according to MLB.com.

Mark Bellhorn

Second Base

Boston Red Sox  

2005 SEASON STATISTICS

GM HR RBI R OBP AVG

85 7 28 41 .328 .216

Bellhorn will sign with the Yankees on Tuesday after he clears waivers, the Web site reported Monday night. The infielder was put on unconditional release waivers by Boston on Friday after he refused to accept a minor-league assignment. He had been designated for assignment on Aug. 19.

"The Yankees seemed interested," Bellhorn told MLB.com from a Phoenix airport before heading to Seattle. "The Yankees are one of the most well-known franchises in all of sports. Not everybody gets to play for them."

Bellhorn hit three postseason homers last year but was hitting .216 with 109 strikeouts in 283 at-bats this year. He went on the disabled list with a sprained left thumb July 18, a day after getting hurt while diving for Jason Giambi's grounder at Fenway Park.

Left-hander Alan Embree signed with the Yankees last month after Boston let him go.

I love when the yankees pick up our garbage.

I love what bellhorn did for us last post season, but he has been downright AWEFUL this season, and can't even hit well in AAA ball.  He either strikes out or homers, and guess what, he only has 7 homers, so that should give you a good idea of his strike outs.

First they take Embree, who loves throwing matches at pools of gasoline.  Then Bellhorn who is going to take over for whom?  Robinson Cano at 2nd?  yeah right...

AROD at 3rd?... snicker

oh, maybe he is a pinch hitter?   nothing like a pinch hit strikeout.

He does walk some, so i'll give him some credit, but even that has been less frequent this year.

Chitown... what are the yankees thinking?  i would have thought they'd let Oakland have him.