• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No USF games on a major network?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  21
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone know why the only USF games that will be televised are only on ESPN + or ESPNU? Why doesn't USF have any appearances on ESPN or ABC?

It seems to me of all of the teams in the conference, we have the least amount of national television coverage.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

Do you remember our record last year? There were only TWO Big East members that didnt go bowling and we had the worse record. Those that answer your question?

Win and we will get them

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  21

I hadn't thought of that. I am new to USF (transfer). I was just kinda bummed we weren't getting more TV time. Thanks!

Does anyone know why the only USF games that will be televised are only on ESPN + or ESPNU? Why doesn't USF have any appearances on ESPN or ABC?

It seems to me of all of the teams in the conference, we have the least amount of national television coverage.

The Big East TV contract allows ESPN and ABC to select games up to 12 days before a game...

TV networks like "marquee" matchups... IF (and it's a big IF) USF can win its first 4 games, Pittsburgh or West Virginia could be nationally televised.

However, if USF is not able to pull any upsets... we may be waiting until 2006 for a game on ESPN or ABC.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

There will be some TV games on the local affiliates of major networks as usual. I think ABC in Tampa usually has some of the games even if they aren't shown nationally. Aren't they tied in with ESPN regional? There was a press release about that, I think, several months ago. I know USF has a special relationship with ESPN regional and they televise at least x number of football games each year. In past years I think they had to get us six games on TV, but I'm not sure if that's changed.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

i know national exposure is good, but with a losing record on national televised games, i dunno if its a good idea to have games on national t.v., i know i'm tired of watching games on espn or espn 2 and having us lose, its kind of embarrassing

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037

If I have direct tv and get the college game day can I get the psu game or any others???

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

I'm hearing rumors that the USF/UCF game is going to be televised in Florida.  Fox Sports Net, I think.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585

If I have direct tv and get the college game day can I get the psu game or any others???

If you have DirecTV, the sports package and ESPN's pay-per-view package, you will get any USF game that is televised.  

USFFan