• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jackson to start over Peyton?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe Jackson is just better.

thats the best case scenario

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Wasn't it JACKSON who caught ALL the TD passes in the scrimmage from different QB'S?

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Wasn't it JACKSON who caught ALL the TD passes in the scrimmage from different QB'S?

yep

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

It should only make us stronger at WR.  CJL knows best, since he sees them in practice everyday.  Hopefully both of them have breakout seasons.

Go Bulls!

Guest S.  Bien
It was evident in the Spring game, Peyton glides. Not saying he's doggin it, cause I have not seen any practice to back it up. But just an observation from that game. I think he's gunshy at getting that pop after he catches the ball. But I am glad he's on our team as we DO run 3-4 WO each play it seems. The more the merrier.   Reaper

First, Peyton is that good, and the coaches know it.  Leavitt's trying to put a fire under his butt because Peyton can be a bit of a loafer at practice.  He knows it, and no one is really pushing him hard, so Leavitt will.  Peyton's the type that doesn't run back to the huddle, or jog onto the practice field all the time, sometimes he seems disinterested, yet he's also the same player you'll see in practice snag a pass between two defenders on a fade route in the corner of the end zone and go "Oh my gosh did he just catch that!"  

This is just a motivational ploy.  The staff has seen what Peyton's capable of and they cannot afford not to have him on the field.  Sheriff will tell you that Leavitt did the same type of stuff with DeAndrew Rubin at times.  Similar practice styles.   In the end, both were too valuable to be on the sideline, and neither did anything terribly awful at practice or was a jerk, they just loafed a bit.  

If you ever get a chance to see practice you'll know that Leavitt singles out his starters and pushes them.  Basically if he's not saying your name, or jumping on you, then you've got some work to do.  

Guest S.  Bien
That was the knock on Huey Whittaker as well.

That and bad hands, and no speed. ;D

I remember talking with Coach and he said they didn't throw to many practice fades to Huey because he would drop them so he thought it was a bad idea to have Huey practice DROPPING balls.