• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PSU leading WR out for USF game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Rubin Injures Ankle, Out Indefinitely

By Fight On State Staff

Date: Aug 22, 2005

FightOnState.com has learned that Penn State sophomore receiver Mark Rubin has sustained an ankle injury that will sideline him indefinitely. The injury happened at practice last week.  

Multiple team sources have confirmed the injury. One source said the problem is a torn ligament or ligaments. We have been told it will knock Rubin out of action for at least one month.

Stayed tuned to FightOnState.com, and we will deliver more details on Rubin’s injury as we confirm them.

Rubin, a 6-foot-3, 213-pounder from Amherst, N.Y., is Penn State’s leading returning pass-catcher among the full-time wideouts. As a freshman, he hauled in 16 balls for 187 yards after coming out of a redshirt at the start of the Big Ten season.

Since Rubin played as a true freshman, he has a redshirt available.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=2&c=427158

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  46

....and the hits just keep on coming.  Ill try to get the word on how long he is out for.  

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

We have NO EXCUSE for not capitalizing on these injuries.  Sure we would never wish for these types of things but they are a reality.  Heart goes out to PSU and all but....

Their top wideout along with their best LB and another defensive backup.  Not to mention whoever else net03 was referring to.  

We are being given every opportunity to win this game.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  46

Lavon Chisley 5th year DE is out for the year.  You can read the article its free.  But i went over to the PSU premium board on the scout site and the people are speachless over Chisley.   From what i get this guy was legit and its pretty devastating to them.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

We have NO EXCUSE for not capitalizing on these injuries.  

Besides the fact they are better than us?

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Besides the fact they are better than us?

How much better are they than us?  Without one of their starting DE's and top WR?  Compund that with the 2 others they've lost this Summer/Fall already.  

Go position by position and I would say on paper we're even.  We've got more weapons on offense if you really think about it.  

RB - edge USF

WR - edge USF

secondary - edge PSU

offensive line edge PSU

defensive line edge PSU

linebackers - edge PSU (but pretty close if u ask me)

QB - edge USF (due to experience)

Special teams - edge USF - especially if we have Hill/Jackson/Hall returning kicks.

They're clearly better than us on the lines and the defensive backfield but other than that we're even to better than PSU.

Guest Sprtsfn627

Wow...that is some big news.  I really think we have a shot going into this game.  I don't know why so many believe we're gonna go in and just get blown away, because these boys stand a real shot at winning this one.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

In many ways I agree with you.

Position by position I think we line up very well, HOWEVER I think that the biggest problem is:

offensive line edge PSU

defensive line edge PSU

Both of our lines will be a huge question mark this year.

The competion is turned up a notch in the BE and our lines need to show up for work.

(Of couse if we DO win, no one will be yelling louder than me... darn I wish I could be there...)

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Rubin Injures Ankle, Out Indefinitely

Man, I was just going through the message list not paying attention to thread title and when THAT headline popped up my heart sank .................! Thankfully, it's the wrong Rubin.