• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is there any way they can make RJS more for USF?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

I think that on Dale Mabry they should hang USF banners/flags in the median, or the light posts from the I-75/Dale Mabry intersection to 1/2 mile past the stadium.  That would give the area a more USF/College feel.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

They can keep the flag in the middle but I'd think an iconic "U" with a green background would be nice.

They already do that with the flag

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

move the bucks to LA. ;D

Hey dork not bucks its BUCS. go back to 0 town. thats 0 for 0 winsl ast season,and 0 for how many wins you will have at the end of this season.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

We discussed some possibilities during the Chat with Eric Soncrant.

Here is a portion of the transcipt:

HowieP We need to make Ray Jay have more of a USF feel for the games. I don't know how that can be done.

TripleB win ......... more people in green and gold show up.

HowieP Maybe we can throw a tarp over that ship. lol

HowieP and cover up the bucs logos

HowieP Or a BIG BULL helmet for entry

TripleB bull helmet great idea .........

HowieP Something the cameras can focus on

HowieP Instead of the Bucs things

HowieP We need a LIVE Bull

RTB Cover up the Ship and bring in a big bull that eye's light up and snorts smoke at every score

HowieP Something like that.

Reaper How about a big BULL with smoke snorting out of it's mouth The players run under it or out of it's mouth?

RTB We can put it at the other corner of that end of the stadium

HowieP Yeah.

TripleB maybe the bull from the Durham outfield ...

RTB Exactly

HowieP Sheriff was supposed to steal it but couldn't get it in his car. lol

http://www.southfloridabulls.com/Community/BullChat!%20Chat%20Room%20Soncrant%20Transcripts.htm

PICT0024.jpg

Guest AstroBull

When they painted the field for the TCU game it was awesome.  Hopefully they do that this year for a couple games

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

I've said it before, it would be nice if the Bucs used a helmet for their midfield logo.  That could easily be changed from one team to the next.  I hate the "U" on the Bucs flag.

i guess switching out the sod is a lost cause.. it would be pretty **** expensive

i hate the U in the middle of the bucs flag too.. its kinda bisexual if you ask me-- 1/2 bucs, 1/2 bulls.. i wouldnt mind some kind of default-shaped helmet logo or even a square, diamond, or circle, where in the inner parameters of the logo could be painted over between bucs and bulls games..

with that being said, instead of having "BUCCANEERS" in the endzone with no background color, maybe they could switch to a neutral white or black background color (black endzones would be badass-- for bucs AND bulls games!), which would make it easier for the "BUCCANEERS" endzone paintjob to be painted over with "USF" or "BULLS" by painting over with black 1st, then painting "USF" or "BULLS" over the black template background, much like the painting over of the center flag logo is right now.

ok, now as for the sails on the ship-- i dont see how that would cost that much money.. i mean, you just design green sails with the golden "U" in the middle and take down the bucs sails with the green sails

Guest Vanilla Rice

Some of you might not realize this, but actually the Bucs logo and ship, etc. actually does some good when it comes to recruiting.  A lot of recruits go to games and a majority of them LOVE the fact that they play in the same exact stadium the Bucs do and where the super bowl is played.  They love the fact that they get to run out of the same tunnel and dress in the same locker room and play in perhaps the nicest pro football stadium in the state of Florida.  USF plays up on the fact that the Ray Jay is used by the Bucs and is home of the super bowl, etc.  Again, it helps recruiting so it helps to actually have that Buc look a little bit.  USF never hides the fact that the bucs play there when it comes to recruiting.  matter of fact, they promote it!  if you look in the media guide or the game program, you can see what I mean.  

Guest Vanilla Rice

In addition, the turf at Ray Jay is known throughout the NFL as one of the best.  Haven't you ever noticed that when you watch Buc games on Sunday's the field looks fine?  This is after we tear it up the day before?  Actually if you want to look at it this way it 's a trade off.  The bucs get their logo on the field during our games, but we actually get to play on it first (the day before) before they do and get to rip it up first.  If you notice around the country sometimes, you will see stadiums that are shared by a college and pro team and when you see the pro team play on it on Sunday, you can see patches of field tore up and spotty areas.  This is never a good sign as a lot of time it causes bad traction and you can slip or its harder to cut on it, etc.  so that's the brighter side of things.  We use the field before they do!

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

I say build an on campus stadium ;D

OOPS!!! should I have said that?  I don't want to start something here ;D