• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sux finally shut-up feeling the pressure?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

During spring training, the Red Sox relentlessly bombarded Alex Rodriguez with criticism. Trot Nixon called him a clown. Kevin Millar insinuated he didn't have the class of Derek Jeter.

It seemed like anyone with an Old English "B" on his cap had something to say about Rodriguez, and none of it was nice.

So what do the Red Sox think of A-Rod now that he's leading baseball in home runs and RBI?

Before last night's series opener at the Stadium, in which Rodriguez walked three times and took a Tim Wakefield knuckleball off the shoulder, the Red Sox insisted A-Rod's performance has not even registered with them because they have more important things to worry about, like trying to stay in contention in the AL East.

"We're just worried about what's happening in this locker room," said Millar.

When asked a follow-up question about the Yankees third baseman, Millar smiled and walked away, saying, "Nice try."

The Red Sox had a different tone in spring training, chirping as newly crowned World Series champions. After last night's loss, they are 25-22 - not terrible, but 1-1/2 games behind the second-place Yankees and a half-game back of the third-place Blue Jays, the team that swept them in a three-game series earlier this week.

The Red Sox, losers of eight out of 10, are heading in the opposite direction of the Yankees, who have won 16 of their last 18. No wonder Boston catcher and team captain Jason Varitek seemed so cranky.

When asked if the Red Sox are surprised that the Yankees have climbed out of their early-season grave, Varitek responded curtly.

"We haven't been paying attention to them," he snapped. "We've got to worry about ourselves."

So what's the problem?

"We just haven't played well," Varitek said. "We haven't hit well, pitched well or fielded well at the same time. One day we pitch and we don't hit. One day we hit but we don't pitch. We have to get it going, period. Whether it be today, tomorrow or the next day. We have to play better baseball."

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Enjoy 3rd place.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I only shut up because I was out of town getting married.  I would have rubbed in the 16 run schallacking (sp?) had I not been an hour away from walking down the ailse!... what a great day that was!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the redsox will always try to catch the yankees and will always be in awe the america's team

the redsox will always try to catch the yankees and will always be in awe the america's team

Kiss the ring, *****.

Kiss the ring, *****.

Kiss the 26 if you can even count that high.

I only shut up because I was out of town getting married.  I would have rubbed in the 16 run schallacking (sp?) had I not been an hour away from walking down the ailse!... what a great day that was!

maybe you didn't shut up.....no surprise  ;D

however, the article was referring to the sux not their fans.

Kiss the 26 if you can even count that high.

You drag them out of the antiquities closet and I'll kiss them.  In the meantime, kiss the CURRENT ring, *****!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

You drag them out of the antiquities closet and I'll kiss them.  In the meantime, kiss the CURRENT ring.

You forgot...  "*****!"

;D

You forgot...  "*****!"

;D

Duly noted and corrected!   ;D