• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Basketball Signs 6-7 Forward

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

that sounds great and all, but he is only third on his team in rebounds.  a rebounding machine should not finish third on his team in what he does best no matter who else is on  the court

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

And in other news, USF signs another player as the school changes from a four year university to USF Juco U... hmmm... two years and bye bye... how about getting some high school ballers that can get it done. Bring in Huggy Bear...

Thuggins never recruits JUCOs?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha......

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Wow am I excited, we stold a recruit from UCF.  Sorry guys but I get up when we take a player from UF,UConn,LSU or someother big school-insert name here.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Wow am I excited, we stold a recruit from UCF.  Sorry guys but I get up when we take a player from UF,UConn,LSU or someother big school-insert name here.

Well, I know a lot of PSU fans wanted him on their board. It seems that we were going after many of the same players this year. A couple of weeks ago there was a rumor there that they were about to get a Texas JUCO forward and most thought it would be him.

One of their fans just posted that he signed with South Florida.

Think1

Coach

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melvyn Richardson to South Florida

St. Petersburg Times wrote:

Melvyn Richardson, a 6-foot-7, 235-pound power forward/center from Lon Morris (Texas), signed with USF. The native of the Dominican Republic averaged 8.1 points and 6.7 rebounds last season for the junior college.

http://www.pennstatehoops.com/modules/phpBB2.10/viewtopic.php?t=1809&start=405&sid=2d8835a2babe5e3f4fc7f8ab57976f84

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  100

I have absolutely no problem with this signing.  This guy will be better than Diarra, and that is the whole story.  I highly doubt that Konimba could average 8pts and 7rebs at the JUCO level, he has no skills whatsoever.  Richardson played on a very good JUCO team and put up respectable numbers, with obviously not very many shots coming his way.

Anyway, man, we are going to have 8-9 new players next year.  Talk about a new team.  It is going to be very interesting to see how long it takes so many new guys to get on the same page during games.  I really hope we have some easy games right off the bat so these guys can get their feet wet together.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

yeah

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387

Check out his won-loss record while at LMC. THIS GUY IS A WINNER! We'll be happy to use JUCO players that will bring us above .500 and beyond. Top talent rarely lasts longer than two years at the college level.

Good pick!!

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

About the only think we can say for sure is that we exchanged a player who probably wasn't going to help us compete (Diarra) with a player who may or may not help us compete.

Somebody, please wake me up when we are no longer talking about JUCO also-ran's and can turn our attention to actual basketball games involving USF.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

When I think of junior college I often think of Andre Hall...

Guest beatsiebull

No matter how we try to spin this this is a very unremarkable signing at best.  Why would anyone expect anything different?  I don't care what the rankings say, this is a very unremarkable class.  I've given up on hoping for the big time recruit and have resigned myself to hoping that Mac can somehow make this mish-mash work and make us respectable in the BE.

BTW when I think of BASKETBALL JUCO transfers I think of Andrikk Frazier....