• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Article: Grading the 17 college football coaching hires this offseason

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

South Florida
Old coach:
  Willie Taggart
New coach:  Charlie Strong
Grade: A

Comment: This was a no-brainer for the Bulls, who had the fortunate timing to lose Taggart right when Strong was available. Strong is back in his comfort zone here, in a state where he has longstanding recruiting ties and at a program without the same sort of spotlight or pressure he faced at Texas. There’s no doubt Strong handled some aspects of the Texas job poorly, but his 37-15 record at Louisville wasn’t a fluke, either. He inherits a roster built to win now, and this hire should pay dividends quickly.

From: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/12/13/grading-college-football-coaching-hires/95380636/

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

In case you don't want to click... 

Oregon
Old coach:
 Mark Helfrich
New coach: Willie Taggart
Grade: B

Comment: This is definitely a new look for Oregon, and it may work out with Taggart. Finances played a bigger role in this search than many anticipated, as Taggart will actually make slightly less money ($3.3 million per year) than Jeff Brohm will at Purdue. Oregon is betting that it hired a future superstar with a higher ceiling than more expensive and established candidates like Dan Mullen. Taggart has recruited well everywhere he’s been, which is key for a job like Oregon.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

This is like my last relationship. I was upset for about two days when it ended and then I realized what I was missing 

• Upvote 1