• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No BULLS Logo !?!?!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

funny my take on it from uphere is it was the relegious conservatives who wouldn't let the woman die in peace.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

You've really got to be kidding me!  I've listened to sports radio for 10+ years, and Dan Sileo is, by far, one of the absolutely worst commentators I've ever heard!  This guy is just a mouthpiece for the Hurricanes.  His opinions are absolutely ridiculous.  (Did you hear him mention a few weeks ago that the Bucs should cut Derrick Brooks?)  He thinks he knows everything about all of the "big 4" sports, but he barely knows anything about football.  Plain and simple, this guy is an A$$ clown!  

The only sport that Duemig doesn't know too much about is basketball.  The other 3 sports he can speak on without issue.  He will talk college football plenty, and not necessarily related to gambling (which, I will agree with you, I can't stand to hear.  the Vegas insider crap should go.)  If you've listened to him for any length of time, you know that his format is "bring to the table what you'd like to talk about".  He doesn't have topic specific days.  While he can be abrasive at times, he is one of the most knowledgable broadcasters in the area.  If he sucked, he wouldn't be here.  His ratings in the evening drive time slot are always near the top.

Bottom line is that if we want to hear more about USF, we need to be calling in to that show.

Gotta agree about Sileo. It is painful to listen most of the time and I only do because ESPN radio's signal isn't that strong early in morning.

Duemig may be one of the most knowledgable in the area because there are so few. I'll admit he's successful because he's good at what drives ratings most of the time ........ controversy. He's a good entertainer and that's why the ratings are high.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

funny my take on it from uphere is it was the relegious conservatives who wouldn't let the woman die in peace.

They were but it was painful for Duemig to be aligned with the left leaners and he must have gotten a little discombobulated.  ;)

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509

I guess I'm in the minority here.  The only radio I listen to is talk (and wmnf) and Duemig's show is the best one around right now.  He defends the local teams, knows what he is talking about, he's not afraid to take on locals (i.e. Naimoli), and his show is entertaining.  Years ago, when Glenn Beck was local and 3-7, Beck's show was what I listened to (but that's nothing to do with this thread).  But I do agree with the gambling points, can't stand that.  Bullgrad95 has got it right, all you have to do is call and change the topic.  Whitney Johnson is a USF alum, by the way.  He always gives the bulls press.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

E.T. I am glad you are a fan of the BULLS!

Thanx  ;D

If you didn't attend acollege I can see how you might want to pick a local school and root for them.

Did the CC route - PCC & DBCC  :-/

What I don't understand is people who attend one university and root for a rival  or just even a different school??

Agree with this !

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

I could never understand how you could be a major fan of a University that you didn't attend.

And seems that I'm not alone  ;D

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1114437269

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

Whitney Johnson is a USF alum, by the way.  He always gives the bulls press.

Maybe someone can email Whit to see if he'd want to become a member here.  It would be great to have another media member.

By the way, we may want to add 'Media' to the census.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

WDAE is one of the worst major market stations I've ever heard. Their cadre of broadcasters are truly despicable. Steve Duemig is particularly bad (is anyone listening to him right now!?)

How Whitney Johnson is employed at all is beyond me.

The only decent broadcaster on WDAE is Dan Sileo, and he's very, very good. Too bad he stuffed up in the morning when no one's listening. Darek Sharp is pretty good too, but he's hidden away.

But Duemig is particularly horrible. His VO spots for the local Asian restaurants are simply racist.

Based on the bold statement, the rest of your opinion is null and void.

For those 620 haters, how about you CALL the shows and talk USF? Every host ON the station has said numerous times that the reason there isnt more USF talk is because of the callers. Everytime a USF fans call, soon thereafter is always the "I like USF, we dont get many of those calls......."

I've often wondered how Duemig can be so highly rated, yet, everyone hates him........AND they all know everything about him. I happen to be a huge Duemig fan. Personally, I dont like Jim Rome and his political correctness....and you know what, I change the channel. It's a pretty easy thing to do.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Oh, and Whitney Johnson is the man.  ;D

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400

ive heard steve interview CJL very entertaining he asked good ?'s but after the interview the next caller said thanks for the interview but he wanted to change the subject to baseball  no one else called in about usf sports