• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB Gets GREAT Recruit. Stephanie Sarosi!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

The one big thing I noticed in the WNIT game against UF was that the Gaytors had wide bodies they could keep throwing in there while we had none that I saw ........ Both bb programs need to bulk up for the BE.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60

Our frontcourt will come up big against the likes of BE powers like Rutgers, Notre Dame and UConn.  I can't wait.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

now to protect her from the mogols that will try to turn her!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

Yep we have two girls who have committed that both could go almost anywhere to play, but I think they are set on coming here

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Bulls land coveted recruits

By GREG AUMAN, Times Staff Writer

Published April 27, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Women's basketball coach Jose Fernandez is still working on his incoming group of recruits, but USF's freshman class of 2006-07 is already shaping up as an impressive one. Fernandez got his second oral commitment from a top state junior this week when 6-foot-5 center Stephanie Sarosi of Titusville Astronaut accepted a scholarship offer to play for the Bulls.

Sarosi, who averaged 16.4 points and 9.4 rebounds in leading Astronaut to the state semifinals, is the sister of Bulls offensive tackle Derrick Sarosi. She joins junior forward Caitlin Mitryk of Lake Mary, who committed to the Bulls this month, as the start of what could a huge recruiting class.

"It could be unbelievable, and (Fernandez) said my commitment will help bring in other recruits," said Sarosi, who hopes her class can be compared to USF's 2003 class, which included returning juniors Jessica Dickson, Rachael Sheets and Nalini Miller. "I've talked to (those players) a lot, but I like that I'll still get to play with them when they're seniors."

Paul Torres, who publishes the "Stars Under the Sun" basketball recruiting service out of Miami, said USF is in the mix for more of the state's best junior prospects.

"He's going after all the top kids. I have him looking at five of the top 10 (state) players in our 2006 class," said Torres, who also calls USF a contender for 6-foot-3 center Jacinta Monroe and 5-foot-9 guard Alysha Harvin of Fort Lauderdale and 5-foot-11 guard Ebony Sadler of Miami.

Sarosi is a major coup, having been recruited by national powers Connecticut and Tennessee and offered by LSU and Florida, but the Bulls aren't done with their 2005 recruits. Brooksville's Bernice Mosby, who played three seasons at Florida and is transferring this summer, will visit USF on Thursday and choose from the Bulls, Virginia Tech and national champion Baylor.

Fernandez is close to getting a commitment from 6-foot-2 forward LaToshia Richburgh of Okaloosa-Walton College in Niceville, which would give him four players next season who earned first-team all-state honors in 2004.

Times staff writer Greg Auman covers USF athletics. Reach him at 813 226-3346 or auman@sptimes.com

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/04/27/Sports/Bulls_land_coveted_re.shtml

Fernandez is close to getting a commitment from 6-foot-2 forward LaToshia Richburgh of Okaloosa-Walton College in Niceville, which would give him four players next season who earned first-team all-state honors in 2004.

Free USF Rivals article on USF WBB Recruiting:

223939.jpg

For the late signing period, the focus looks to be recruiting national junior college standouts, specifically on the interior. The Bulls were very thin inside this year, due to lingering injuries to Nalani Miller and Ezria Parsons. Fernandez looks to be focusing on remedying that for 2006.

Post players USF has been closing on are Latoshia Richburgh, a center from Okaloosa-Walton Community College with three years of eligibilty remaining and Rachel Brockman, a 6-foot-4 forward/center and former Vanderbilt signee who transferred to Daytona Beach Community College. Another target is Ewelina Gad, a 6-3 power forward out of Seward County (Kan.) Community College.

http://usf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=399299

WOMEN'S BASKETBALL

· Okaloosa-Walton CC freshman Latoshia Richburgh (New Smyrna Beach), led the Raiders with 21 blocked shots while playing in 26 games. The 6-2 freshman also claimed a 5.4 scoring average, a 4.1 rebounding average, 39 assists and 13 steals.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/Sports/CollegeSports/03SportsCOLL02040805.htm

Guest AstroBull

Jose is getting a great team together.  Hopefully a NCAA banner will be on the way in the next couple years.

Guest Elisa Sarosi

I don't think you guys have much to worry about.  She told me last night she was coming here.  Her family is here and this school is one of the few that offers the degree she wants.  Derrick and I have been encouraging her to do what she feels is best and not just pick a school that is number one for basketball.  She is a smart girl, I hope she does come to be a Bull!