• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

theo epstein talking about mending fences

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

I think the Cubs have the best rotation and Houston and Sox are not far behind. The Yanks are the kings until someone beats them as they have been to I think 6 of last 8 world series. I personally think this is the year of the red Sox but I have been saying that for over 30 years.  YANKEES SUCK!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  537
  • Content Count:  2,718

It is hard comparing apples to oranges.  The Yanks will give their new pitchers a lot more run support than they enjoyed last year.  

How many games would Vasquez and Brown have won last year if their teams could score more than one run a game?  How many less games would Pettitte and Clemens and Wells have won playing at Montreal, SD or LA?  SD,LA and Monteal were all in the bottom ten in RBI's and batting average.  

Instead lets compare ERA

Brown     2.39

Vasquez  3.24

Pettitte     4.02

Clemens   3.91

Wells        4.12

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

The only "known" is that its gonna be a heated race and both teams should be **** good.

What was Liebers era? Oh yeah he has missed two full years but that shouldnt hurt him at all. How many starts has Brown missed in last three years? That shouldnt matter much cuz now he is older and should stay healthier. How many times is Arod going to run jeter over when Alex is going to his left.  How many people will be sliding into third SPIKES up.  I think George Rickles better go get some more pitching as he only has 5 starters now unlike the 7 he had going into last season.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

****, I like KnightsRule when we aren't discussing UCF.  =)

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Scary things for the Yanks right now, one they dont have a lefty starter, two if Lieber or Brown go down with injury they dont really have anyone worthy of filling in.

Another thing is I dont see there offense being that much better. Soriano's numbers the past two years are very near identical to ARod. I know he's a better player and a bigger name, but the Yanks didnt gain a whole lot offensively with that trade. Sheffield is a definite upgrade, but they are also relying on a couple aging stars in Lofton and B Williams.

since you asked......Leibers last two years pitching....his ERAs were 3.70 and 3.80.  I have no idea what to expect out of him but he said he has not felt this good in ten years.  

Oh yeah, you know the Boss will get more pitching if he needs it.

Velco, You are right it is going to be a heated, contested year in the AL East.  

Lieber sucks, Bernie is a dh at best now, giambi cant field and has more holes in his swing then a giant piece of swiss cheese.  Jeter is gonna be cryin when george says its time to put Arod at SS,  Sheffield should be undergoing radiation treatments as he is gonna cancer up that clubhouse and finally the truth will be exposed this year that the woodchuck was the real reason behind the Yanks success.  Other then that all I can say is YANKEES SUCK!

Sounds like typical Red Sox blather.

Let me know when the Sox put up world series banner number six.  Until then I will enjoy all the love from the Sox posters!!!

Seriously KR, what is the word on Pedro's new contract.  Is he still demanding a new contract before the season starts???

I wouldnt doubt if Pedro is asking for a new contract and he wont get it and he will start game 1 pitching for a new contract. Pedro might have other things on his mind as there was a car accident in the Dominican involving one of Pedros vehicle and the guy on the motorcycle that crashed into Pedros vehicle was killed. As of now I have heard reports that Pedro was a paasenger in the car and now I am hearing word out of Boston that pedro was not even in the car and it was the motorcyclists fault.  This story should make some news soon as I heard about it last friday.