• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marquee MBB games moved away from Sun Dome?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  67
  • Days Won:  0

What does it say when UCF administration talks about bringing alumni home to watch games, and USF's administration talks about moving games off campus?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

I do not like the idea this season....Maybe down the line when we can consistently fill the Sun Dome and more space is needed, the consider moving it.....I know what Doug is trying to do but I just think it is to early to start moving games around....I like the coziness of the Sun Dome and when it is filled consistently, then move marquee games to the Forum

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

What does it say when UCF administration talks about bringing alumni home to watch games, and USF's administration talks about moving games off campus?

It says that USF plays games that would generate interest in a move like that and are trying to embrace a community. The Kanigits don't play anyone with near that pulling power. You clowns are so college hoops illiterate ...

I can see doing one game a year there in order to connect with the downtown community.  However, multiple games causes issues.  One of the problems that comes to mind is that the SunDome needs funds as much as the rest of the campus, and moving games out of the Dome hurts their revenue streams as well.

One big game a year there would be fine. I don't think any of us are talking about moving all the big games there ...

Guest wildrover

If they could guarantee that this would build or at least help build the community interest they are looking for (and are currently lacking) then I'm all for it.  But I'm just not sold on the idea that playing there will really make that big of a difference.  If UCONN is coming to town and will draw a good enough crowd to justify moving the game than just think of what it will do for the atmosphere in the Dome and the campus.  From what I can tell, campus life, invovlement and overall school pride for whatever reason  is lower now that it was when a lot of the people on this board went to school there.  Which is ironic considering how much effort they are putting into building school pride and a more traditinal atmosphere on campus.  Build that, then I think the rest will take care of itself.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

I think this idea sucks.  From someone who played for Beta Hall in the SunDome, I think all your games should be played there.  It would be a sellout more than likely and creat a buzz ON CAMPUS!

What more could they want?  How many kids are going to drive over there?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

It says that USF plays games that would generate interest in a move like that and are trying to embrace a community. The Kanigits don't play anyone with near that pulling power. You clowns are so college hoops illiterate ...

Competition will get tons better once the new convo center is built.  No name program wants to play in the Garage.

And we are not soo illiterate to realize we have made the NCAA's TWO years in a row!

I think this idea sucks.  From someone who played for Beta Hall in the SunDome, I think all your games should be played there.  It would be a sellout more than likely and creat a buzz ON CAMPUS!

What more could they want?  How many kids are going to drive over there?

Obviously you missed the point about playing down there to bring in downtown people who haven't been exposed to USF basketball and maybe get them excited about the program. We will be playing enough big names each year where one of those games down there wouldn't be that bad.

Competition will get tons better once the new convo center is built.  No name program wants to play in the Garage.

Tons better competition = ECU

And we are not soo illiterate to realize we have made the NCAA's TWO years in a row!

Just the very fact you keep throwing out winning a pathetic conference as some kind of college hoops validity illustrates your basketball illiteracy ...

Guest Richard Fuchstich
Great location and should bring in some downtown folks that otherwise wouldn't go to a game.  The facility is 10x nicer then the Sun Dome with a real score board.  It would be much more impressive to visiting schools instead of 25 year old plastic seats and score boards that don't work.  Two or three marquee games a year would be great.  If the students can mange to get to Ybor City then I think they can find the St. Pete Times Forum.

"Downtown folks"? Are there people living in the bank and office buidlings that close at 5:00?

Here's an insane idea: Instead of splitting money with a downtown location that has nice seats and scoreboards, keep 100% of it on campus and use it to buy our OWN nice seats and scoreboards.