• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We need a new animation for the team's entrance

Guest bullman33

Guest bullman33

The one they have used the past 2-3 years is getting old and unispirational.  The music they use doesnt pump up the crowd enough, and the style of it doesnt really either.  

How about something like the Bucs do.

The animation starts off with a BULL crashing through a sign that says "YOU ARE NOW ENTERING BIG EAST COUNTRY!!"  The BULL then stampedes it's way along a highway, running over a wimpy looking mountaineer, then a scarlet knight, then a husky, an orange, a panther, a bearcat, and a cardinal, then maybe ending at the Orange Bowl or just a generic BCS Bowl stadium.  All the while with some music that does a better job of pumping up the crowd.  

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  0

I agree some sort of inter-active pre-game show could be implemented.  I don't like using other school's pre-game/entrance as an example but I have seen better than ours.  Also, I watched the team arrive via bus at RJ.  That was pretty uneventful entrance and then walking to the dressing room.  Again, other schools with deeper traditions do things differently that involvle the fans and teams.  I do like the HOT/cheerleaders going into the south parking lot.  Aso, after half, the drum-line playing next to the Ship is cool.  

Guest bullman33

It would be different then the bucs, just similiar the way the bucs beat their opponents using ships.  Ours would be a giant bulls running its way through the big east.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

how about getting a real bull

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  157

Yea I agree there definilty needs to be some changes made to the pregame.  It needs to a huge production and something dealing with Rocky where the crowd woulg go nuts. (i.e.  South Carolina with the space odesy music).  Im talkin fire works, smoke, and everything else.    

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

The animation was ok when they used heavy rock and roll music, but that Black Eyed Peas song was very stupid last year.  That song is associated with the NBA, so using it shows very little imagination.  Besides, it does not have the connotation of "we are going to kick your ass"; it sound more like "my girlfriend likes this song, and I am such a wus so we need to do what she says".

It is also a song for the 18 to 20 year olds, and sorry, until the students show up en masse, I think they should appease the slightly older alumni whose donations have put this football thing into motion.  I am not suggesting Lawrence Welk, but any hard-rocking song with bone-crushing lyrics is better than "Let's Get It Started"    ::)

Guest USFootball.

I agree w/ bull-n-beer...for anyone at the South Carolina game and had the goosebumps when they played that song and 80,000 people went nuts...it was an awesome feeling...but yah if anyone pays attention to that opening graphic thing....it has plays from when JR Reed and Blackwell were here...I dont really want to copy South Carolina....but that would be hard to beat...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  157

Im not at all saying that we copy USC but we need somthing that can get the fans crazy like that. For a song something along the lines of ACDC would work.  i also think that the Chicago Bulls lineup thing would be good at the Sun Dome for basketball.  

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

how about getting a real bull

I like the real  bull thing but would the bucs allow us to take it on the field

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I like the real  bull thing but would the bucs allow us to take it on the field

I dont think the Bucs would have a cow (so to say), but Big Daddy Malcolm (Glazer) might