• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Indoor practice facility please

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

You want to be average go ahead and be conservative, you say cash is king well I say college football is the king of cash.  Build it and it will come this is an investment, we have a massive enrollment we should take advantage of that and build this football program.  Just look at what success in football did for the University of Florida through the 90s and 2000s they probably make that 30 million in a few home games.  Football made the school a destination, it put them on the map, I think the same thing can happen here.  That will never happen though if nobody is going to take a risk, and we just continue to be conservative.  Btw how has that conservative approach worked since the firing of JL?

Here's a picture of the Gators' IPF ....

7795906848_210b99bcb8_z.jpg

It looks better than O'Leery's tinfoil oven.

Just because they don't have an ipf doesn't mean they don't invest in their athletics program. You ever been to the swamp? They have tradition we don't and we need to compensate through our facilities and coaching

I believe Ron Jeremy sells pills to compensate for your feelings of inadequacy, 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Don't have a problem with an indoor facility but I don't think the moment is right...

Too many unknowns right now...Cash is King...Cancel Debt etc..entrance fee's  

If there was some stability and we were in a new stable  conference  my blessing...

Go Bulls

So your idea is to sit on our hands and hope we get picked up...No we have to make our athletics program more attractive to the ACC/Big 12

Building an indoor practice facility isn't going to help us in regard to improving our conference. You make your program more attractive by winning.

I know we'll have the facility down the road, but we need to use that $30 million wisely. We'll have to keep $10 million ready for when another league comes calling. We also have major debt that needs to be repaid, so we can start doing that.

+1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

You want to be average go ahead and be conservative, you say cash is king well I say college football is the king of cash.  Build it and it will come this is an investment, we have a massive enrollment we should take advantage of that and build this football program.  Just look at what success in football did for the University of Florida through the 90s and 2000s they probably make that 30 million in a few home games.  Football made the school a destination, it put them on the map, I think the same thing can happen here.  That will never happen though if nobody is going to take a risk, and we just continue to be conservative.  Btw how has that conservative approach worked since the firing of JL?

Here's a picture of the Gators' IPF ....

7795906848_210b99bcb8_z.jpg

Ok, I seriously lol'd

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

I think we need to buy a practice field some place up north where, it's cold,  ground  freezes  and snows...in preparation for Rutgers.. To me now that a future win and makes sense..

GO bitter cold  Bulls

Damm was cold in Louisville last year also..with some rain..

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  1

I have never seen such a fiscally responsible fan base, can't imagine we will ever get a OCS with this type of attitude.  I think USF should aim large, I think big things are around the corner, and we will soon make that 30 million back.  Showing conferences we are willing to spend money only helps us, because it shows we are dedicated towards building a winner.  Our potential is our biggest asset we should be looking for ways to increase this, and it may just land us a spot back in a BCS conference.  Doing nothing and just sitting on this cash is a good indicator that we would do the same if gifted with big time TV money.  By spending big it means you mean big, but hey I guess conference USA will be a blast....again.  We shouldn't be preparing for uncertainty, but instead doing everything we can to get a spot back in BCS football, if we miss this chance with open conference realignment we may never get another.  At least we will have a balanced budget WOOOH    

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

1. how much is an indoor facility?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

2. $15M range

We are recruiting alumni now smazza for OCS; love to have you helping in the volunteer efforts

Edited by Skingraft

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

• how much is an indoor facility?

The current numbers are somewhere in the 14 million dollar range.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

I have never seen such a fiscally responsible fan base, can't imagine we will ever get a OCS with this type of attitude.  I think USF should aim large, I think big things are around the corner, and we will soon make that 30 million back.  Showing conferences we are willing to spend money only helps us, because it shows we are dedicated towards building a winner.  Our potential is our biggest asset we should be looking for ways to increase this, and it may just land us a spot back in a BCS conference.  Doing nothing and just sitting on this cash is a good indicator that we would do the same if gifted with big time TV money.  By spending big it means you mean big, but hey I guess conference USA will be a blast....again.  We shouldn't be preparing for uncertainty, but instead doing everything we can to get a spot back in BCS football, if we miss this chance with open conference realignment we may never get another.  At least we will have a balanced budget WOOOH    

Brody love the passion but please  don't  do any financial planning or return on investment projects any time soon...

IMO No CEOor financial director would buy into your reasoning...Now if YOU were willing to loan us the 15M interest free we could talk.

Go rich Bulls

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

• how much is an indoor facility?

The current numbers are somewhere in the 14 million dollar range.

That's pocket change for smazza! C'mon Steve...just think..

The Steve Mazza Athletic Facility

"Building Greatness"

• Upvote 1