• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Statements from Woolard and Holtz/Presser audio

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Days Won:  0

You obviously need to understand more definitions than just assault and battery.

You also need to understand what a true "outside firm" is vis a vis a retained attorney, as well as what it means when a charge is an allegation.

Lastly, no outside firm, independent or otherwise, can make it "true". The only ones that saw what was alleged to have happened in that locker room tell different stories. We all know Miller lied openly from the start as did his purse-snatching dad. You are assuming Leavitt lied, or using another person's words as your proof.

I'd like us to leave it alone, because continued talk from people like you do nothing but enflame and exaggerate the situation further destroying the genesis of our program and the majority of its young history - and the reputation of the guy that built it.

Lastly to your more general exaggerated claim, most do not believe a player should be struck by a coach. It's not necessary. But it helps your description of those that disagree with you. And in this case are often the ones that would prefer facts to guide judgement in this situation and not exaggeration, drama and hyperbole.

+1

This guy. I like this guy.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

You obviously need to understand more definitions than just assault and battery.

You also need to understand what a true "outside firm" is vis a vis a retained attorney, as well as what it means when a charge is an allegation.

Lastly, no outside firm, independent or otherwise, can make it "true". The only ones that saw what was alleged to have happened in that locker room tell different stories. We all know Miller lied openly from the start as did his purse-snatching dad. You are assuming Leavitt lied, or using another person's words as your proof.

I'd like us to leave it alone, because continued talk from people like you do nothing but enflame and exaggerate the situation further destroying the genesis of our program and the majority of its young history - and the reputation of the guy that built it.

Lastly to your more general exaggerated claim, most do not believe a player should be struck by a coach. It's not necessary. But it helps your description of those that disagree with you. And in this case are often the ones that would prefer facts to guide judgement in this situation and not exaggeration, drama and hyperbole.

+1

This guy. I like this guy.

We all do. He owns the board. LOL

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

The only people believing that Leavitt was the victim of a conspiracy are USF fans who believe it can't be true. There are no calls in the press decrying that Leavitt was framed or Miller lied or admin was out to get rid of him, etc.. All those theories come from fan opinions. Not saying its not understandable, talk to a PSU fan about Joe Pa.

Not true! Some (like myself) lived in the same area, bumped into he & his wife while out and knew them personally. I've heard other sides (his and player's) of the story as have others who do or use to post here.

Besides, something many of you don't seem to get, even the false (yes the false) allegations weren't even that serious in the first place! Nobody ever said Leavitt made a fist and punched anyone. The allegations are not indicative of someone wanting to harm another person! And that's even if true? Hardly worth loosing a guy who poured his heart and soul into this program!

What I am saying is that local media hasn't picked up Leavitt's ouster as being an orchestrated witch hunt based on lies. That seems to only come from USF fans. The reason for dismissal was interfering with an investigation, not the alleged act.

And like I said, some, like sitting_bull, appear to think that physical bullying by coaches is OK. When players fight, they are on equal terms. When a college coach hits a player, he is doing it because he knows he has about zero chance of getting struck back. Its cowardly. That is why people said let Leavitt do the same to his SF players because those players don't have the same restraint because they can go to another team if anything comes of it and have a much higher chance of striking back.

The real reason for the dismissal was that he had plateaued.

Slapgate was effect, not cause

• Upvote 1

What I am saying is that local media hasn't picked up Leavitt's ouster as being an orchestrated witch hunt based on lies. That seems to only come from USF fans. The reason for dismissal was interfering with an investigation, not the alleged act.

And like I said, some, like sitting_bull, appear to think that physical bullying by coaches is OK. When players fight, they are on equal terms. When a college coach hits a player, he is doing it because he knows he has about zero chance of getting struck back. Its cowardly. That is why people said let Leavitt do the same to his SF players because those players don't have the same restraint because they can go to another team if anything comes of it and have a much higher chance of striking back.

Exactly! Which is my whole point. He "should've" just been fired like Holtz, but instead he was treated like ****!

Exactly! Which is my whole point. He "should've" just been fired like Holtz, but instead he was treated like ****!

Which is a fan theory. Who in the local media seriously thinks this happened? Its cheaper to let a contract expire than use this "opportunity" to fire Leavitt. He probably wouldn't have been fired if it wasn't for his meddling with the investigation. But no matter, its the past. Its over. Let's look forward to a new coach, new beginning and supporting USF.

Firing the man that follows the legend is very different from firing the legend. Ask JoPa

This is the last post I'll make.

To me it's like a friendship. You come home and find a guy you've been friends with for 6 months in your house because he got your hidden key and didn't want to wait outside. You're kinda weirded out about it and ask him to leave and change your locks.

or

you find your friend of 15 years who's been there for you in all kinds of ways. You can be ok with it because of who it is.

I remember in 1995 when Leavitt had his Daewoo on a field at 10 pm shinning the lights so he could see to dig holes for fenceposts for a makeshift practice field. You don't treat THAT guy the way they treated him!!!!!!

• Upvote 1