• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WOOO!!! Definetly worth it!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

I just got back from Memphis (love Beale St ) and I'm still rocking.  Driving 14+ hours there and back, crashing my friends car, going broke, losing my voice, season tickets, missed classes.  It was all worth it.  This being my last year as a student, there was no way I was going to miss this.  I got to cheer on USF as they pulled the first upset in the tourny and then beat another nationally ranked team.  I got to cheer on USF as they turned a 24 point deficit into a 9 point deficit. (which should have been 7!)  It would have been nice to see USF make the finals and win the championship (those refs were HORRIBLE!) but for a team picked to finish last in the conference, the final four is pretty dang impressive and a big step foward!  Anyone who says otherwise is mentally unstable.  Just thought I'd put in my two cents there.

Next year: Same time, NEW PLACE!  MSG, NY!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,073
  • Days Won:  469

You are the man mulheap, more Bulls students should make the pilgrimage before graduation - hell, it ought to be a requirement.  Glad to see we do have some that would find a way to get there.  The last time I went to Memphis for the C-USA Tournament was from Tampa by car (by myself)....long trip, but worth it.  Glad you enjoyed the trip...you certianly had a better time than I did.  When I went, we met Memphis in the first round and lost - as I recall, by one point.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509

You are the man mulheap, more Bulls students should make the pilgrimage before graduation - hell, it ought to be a requirement.

That is one thing I was dissapointed about, the fact that me and my friend were the only students we saw.  Until we met 2 more that came up for the Memphis game.  YEAH! 4!

Guest BasketBull.

mulheap ---Love 'ya!

It's Bulls like you and your friend that make USF GREAT.

If there were any humanly possible way for me to be there, I would have gone. A lot of us were there with 'ya in spirit through the board's chatroom.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,073
  • Days Won:  469

If there were any humanly possible way for me to be there, I would have gone. A lot of us were there with 'ya in spirit through the board's chatroom.

Not to mention that Basketbull was a key contributor a few years ago when the board financed some of the students' trips.  I know Basketbull contributed more to student road trips than many contribute to USF for football tickets.   BasketBull bleeds green and sweats gold.  We need to find a way to get students interested in sacrificing their own time and gas money to get to games as mulheap did.  Hats off to mulheap and other students that make a difference.

• Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866

The lack of students at the tourney this year just killed me.  All members of the Student Bulls Club had free tickets and hotel if they made the trip, but none of them did.  I know a bunch had midterms they couldn't get out of (we've got to get Judy G to schedule Spring Break during Conference Week), and Memphis is a very expensive city to fly in and out of particularly on short notice.  

But to the kids who did make the trip, you were great.  Having been on both sides of it as both a student and now alumni, having the students there really makes a difference in how much fun the old people have.