• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Horrible news for J R

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566
  • Days Won:  0

I hate being the bearer of bad news but.....

In shocking news, the career of Eagles safety J.R. Reed is suddenly at a very serious point. A non-football-related injury has him recovering from a nasty injury.

Reed suffered a laceration to the back of his knee on February 22 while jumping over a fence near his home in Tampa, FL. The injury includes damage to the peroneal nerve, which affects the use of his lower leg and foot.

J.R. Reed: Recovering from injury  

Reed underwent exploratory surgery on Tuesday, March 1 by Dr. Tom Graham in Baltimore, MD. He is currently under the care of Dr. Graham and all rehabilitation for this injury will take place under Dr. Graham's direction.

Reed, the Eagles' fourth- round draft choice in 2004 out of South Florida, returned 33 kickoffs for a 23.1 yard average last season. He also saw limited action at safety, recording 17 tackles.

"I feel terrible for J.R.," said head coach Andy Reid. "He's worked his entire life to try to make it this far. And to have a major setback like this occur in such a freak circumstance is awful. Knowing J.R., he'll continue to work hard to try and make it back on the field."

Said Reed, "I was trying to jump over a fence, but unfortunately, I got caught on top of that fence and cut my leg. It's a bad situation, but I'm going to be very positive about it going forward. I'm in the process of trying to get my leg working again. I believe in Dr. Graham and I believe in myself that I will get better."

JR I hope you get better and would LOVE to see you playing again...GET WELL SOON!!!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

someone posted that yesterday... we all know about the bad news :(

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Someone already asked this, but why was he jumping over a fence?

This ranks right up with S.F. Giants player who injured himself on a dirtbike, although J.R. did not concoct a story like that baseball player.

I can see a new stipulation added to all future sports contracts - "No fence jumping or contract void".

I hope he recovers from this injury.  Nerve damage really sucks.