• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Keys to a Victory on Saturday....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

I would imagine a walkthrough and light workout today. Then tomorrow's game.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

1. Set the edge & not overpursue on the back side. Giddins and company must stay at home and not allow Fajardo and Stephens to get to the outside. They need to funnel these 2 guys into the middle allowing Porkchop and our linebackers to mop them up. Most of Nevada's offense came from these 2 guys and combined for 54 carries between them we can't allow them to find success with their read options and draw plays.

2. Pressure Fajardo: Make him uncomfortable by bringing pressure right up the middle. Force him to throw into blitzes and 2 the outside. We cant allow him to hit the short crosses through the middle of the field. Our corners need to jam Wimberly up who is a big target at 6'3 215 almost same make up as Michael Floyd clearly not as talented but if allowed to roam the middle could do some damage.

3. Offensive tempo: We need to be able to sustain drives to help our defense stay fresh we can't afford too many 3 and outs. Find a way to run the ball and keep BJ out of 3rd and long. We need to impose our will on offense as I think our defense will impose its will on Nevada, our offense just needs to do its part.

I think the Bulls can win this game! I dont think they are thinking about Rutgers yet there are too many seniors that know what happens when you think like that.

GO BULLS!

Bulls: 31

Wolfpack: 17

We only played on RB last Saturday but we have 4 others behind him that all have experience and played last year in this offense. It surprised all of us he went all the way with just one running back

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

Honestly I'm not remotely worried about our defense...MAYBE getting gasses late but I doubt it since we have good depth for the bigger guys. Nevada uses the read option a lot and no offense to fajardo but bj executes it way better than he does with that weird wide squat he does when handin the ball, not to mention bj is a much greater run threat. Point is our defense is used to the read option. So only way we lose this game is wit we have that Swiss cheese o line and the offense can't sustain drives. If Our o line can hold up, it's a wrap for Nevada.