• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2013 PG Will Ferguson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Greenberg firing makes Ferguson re-evaluate things

Class of 2013 point guard Will Ferguson wasn’t committed to Virginia Tech before head coach Seth Greenberg got fired, but they were the number one school on his list.

Now he’s not so sure.

“They were my favorite school,†Ferguson told NRS, “but now I’ll have to re-evaluate things. [The firing] affects my recruitment a lot.â€

The 5’11, 160-pound floor general previously listed Virginia Tech as well as Miami, VCU and Xavier as the four schools that stand out to him the most and although he isn’t sure where the Hokies stand right now, he is able to give some thoughts on the other three schools.

“Their teams go through their guards and are successful through them and they play fast-pace basketball with a lot of defense,†Ferguson said. â€And they have good coaches.â€

That last part is particularly important to the Virginia native who is able to identify his favorite coaching staff. “VCU [has my favorite coaches] because all of the coaches are so excited about recruiting me and always check up on me with basketball and grades,†Ferguson added.

He also says that VCU or Xavier fits his playing style the best and that Miami, USF and Virginia Tech are recruiting him the hardest. Ferguson knows what he’s looking for in a school, too.

“Where it’s located and the coaching staff are both important to me,†Ferguson said. “Also, the players around me. I want an up-pace tempo that plays a lot of defense and pushes the ball, too.â€

The Team Takeover (DC) guard lists offers from Virginia Tech, Xavier, Seton Hall, Rutgers, VCU, Miami and Virginia, among others, and says he has visited Louisville, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, Georgetown and Villanova. Ferguson doesn’t plan on taking any visits in the near future and says he wants to commit at the end of the summer.

http://recruitingspo...valuate-things/

Archived