• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ricky Jean-Francois: USF or LSU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  61
  • Days Won:  0

141680_rickyjeanfrancois1.JPG

Carol City's Star Defensive End Still Undecided Between USF, LSU

By BRETT McMURPHY bmcmurphy@tampatrib.com

Published: Feb 8, 2005

TAMPA -  While Miami Carol City's Ricky Jean-Francois appears no closer to choosing South Florida or LSU, the Bulls could add former Riverview star Tyrone McKenzie, who has left Michigan State.

Rated the nation's No. 3 defensive end, Jean-Francois told Miami City Carol coach Walt Frazier on Monday that he wouldn't make a decision until Friday.

``I don't know the significance of waiting until Friday,'' Frazier said. ``I asked him [Monday] if he was going to sign those papers, and he said his family `Was still a little bit off.' ''

Jean-Francois' father, Celhomme, said last week he would not let his son attend LSU and he would sign with USF. However, Jean-Francois' letter-of-intent papers from USF and LSU remain unsigned in Frazier's desk drawer at Carol City.

McKenzie, rated The Tampa Tribune's No. 44 state recruit after rushing for 1,415 yards and 17 TDs as a Riverview senior in 2003, said he will transfer to USF, Florida or Georgia.

McKenzie said he left MSU to assist his mother, Ruth Sloley, who is recovering from injuries and surgery after being involved in a car accident. A linebacker at MSU, McKenzie played mostly special teams as a freshman and will have three years of eligibility remaining.

Because of his family situation, McKenzie said he will seek an NCAA waiver to become eligible in 2005 without sitting out the mandatory transfer season.

``All three schools are even,'' said McKenzie, who didn't play his junior year at Riverview because of a broken leg. ``This month I want to sit down and talk to the coaches before making a decision.''

Also, USF sophomore fullback Craig Lloyd said he has left the program.

``I wasn't going to be playing here, so now I'll probably go to a Division I-AA school,'' said Lloyd, who played sparingly at USF.

Lloyd, of Daytona Beach Mainland, said Bethune- Cookman could be an option. FSU DISMISSES DT: Florida State redshirt freshman defensive tackle Chris Bradwell was dismissed from the team Monday by Coach Bobby Bowden. Bradwell had been suspended Friday following his arrest on a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge, and news that he faces additional charges for unauthorized use of a teammate's credit card.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

make up your mind

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

THIS STORY DOES GOOD THINGS FOR US AT EVERY LEVEL. IT KEEPS OUR NAME OUT THERE IN A POSITIVE MANNER WELL BEYOND RECRIUTING. I SAY TAKE GOOD PUB WHEN YOU GET IT.

TO BE MENTIONED WITH IN THE SAME DISCUSSION AS A CHOICE OF A TOP RECUIT WITH LSU NATIONAL CHAMPS ONE YEAR REMOVED IS GOT TO BE POSITIVE FOR OUR "STUTURE" AS A UP AND COMING PROGRAM.

EVERY POTENTIAL RECRUIT IN TALENT RICH SOUTHEAST FLORIDA WILL KNOW OF THIS STORY, EVERY PARENT OF A TOP RECUIT AND EVERY HS COACH WILL KNOW THIS STORY. WE WILL AT LEAST BE ON THE RADAR.

IF THIS WAS ONE OF THE BIG THREE VS LSU THAT WOULD BE BIG, SO LET'S ENJOY THIS WHILE WE HAVE THE SPOT LIGHT AND QUIT BELLYACHING

FOR MY PART HE SHOULD HOLD OFF UNTIL THE DAY BEFORE CLASSES START AND THEN CHOOSE USF.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Valid point 96!  You've had a couple doozie's lately  ;D

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Very good point Bulls96, but what's UP WITH THE CAPS?

Also, on Mckenzie, would he be coming here with hopes of playing RB or LB, anyone know? I'm guessing LB. Howie?

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

RH...There is a companion thread to this on the recruiting board:

http://www.usfbullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Prospects;action=display;num=1107862170