• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rick Pitino on teh Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

Talk about it in The Collision Course

Louisville coach Rick Pitino has been known to say some thought-provoking things (he's authored three books). His most recent blog post could provoke thoughts, and perhaps even some amusement in ACC country.

Louisville coach Rick Pitino wrote that he believes the Big East won't skip a beat after the loss of Pitt and Syracuse.

Pitino says that the ACC expansion was motivated by basketball - not football or TV markets like most assume - and that, shockingly, he believes the Big East might not miss a beat after Pitt and Syracuse leave.

"There are so many reports about the demise of the Big East. Not only is that is false, but the Big East won't lose a step!" Pitino's blog post begins.

Later, he ran down his future Big East, "after our president's meeting on Sunday we won't miss a beat. And here is why?. Rutgers and Seton Hall have two outstanding young coaches who will turn things around and make great strides. DePaul will press their way back into competitiveness.

"Marquette is a team you should be concerned about when you get off the bus. Georgetown, Villanova, Cincinnati, St. Johns, West Virginia, UConn, and Louisville will always be some of the strongest teams in college basketball.

"USF and TCU are a unique situation, but with two or three great additions to their rosters anything can happen. I would be remiss if I didn't mention one of the most important things in my personal life, which was the start for all of us (Joe Mullaney, Dave Gavitt, Mike Tranghese, John Marinatto, Billy Donovan, and myself) for our love of basketball: Providence College."

He also threw his support again toward adding Temple back to the Big East in all sports writing, "Should we add Temple to the mix, we will still be as strong as ever."

Before closing the blog post, Pitino got off a shot at the teams that left the Big East for the ACC.

"The big question for those who concern themselves with the future: Who will play in more football BCS bowl games? UConn, TCU, USF, or Louisville compared to Big East defections BC, Virginia Tech, Miami, and now Pitt and Syracuse. Only time will tell..."

So far, Virginia Tech's been to five BCS games (three after the conference switch), Miami has been to four (all before the league change) and Pitt and Syracuse have each been to one BCS game. UConn, TCU, USF and Louisville have been to four combined, all since 2007.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

being is bowl game with 6-6 record or 7-5 record isnt a big deal

Archived