• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#3 DE Ricky Jean Francois has USF as co-favorite

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Rivals just added him on the USF board:

http://usf.rivals.com/schoolspop.asp?pr_key=26549

He just returned from LSU.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

http://usf.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=878&Year=2005

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

that would be a welcomed surprise, didnt really think we had a shot at him....

think he would trump Hill as the "best recruit ever" at USF

I think there may be a question as to whether he will be able to qualify, but it's worth the risk if we can land him.

From SC paper today:

NOTES: East St. John High quarterback Ryan Perrilloux drew some chants of "PERR-I-LLOUX, PERR-I-LLOUX," during the first half of the game. Perrilloux, the nation's No. 1 quarterback prospect in several recruiting service rankings, was on campus for his official visit. Other prospects at the game and on campus this weekend were Martellus Bennett, the No. 1 tight end in the nation from Alief, Texas, Ricky Jean-Francois, the No. 3 defensive end from the Miami area, and unranked running back Trindon Holliday of Northeast High outside Baton Rouge. Defensive tackle Jerrell Powe, one of LSU's nine commitments, was scheduled to visit this weekend but did not show. He is not expected to qualify academically for the 2005 season, nor is Jean-Francois. Signing day is Wednesday.

Originally published January 30, 2005

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050130/SPORTS/501300348/1006

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

From TigerBait.com...

http://lsu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=383778

Jean-Francois likes what he saw at LSU

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Scarborough

TigerBait.com    

Rivals.com four-star defensive end Ricky Jean-Francois of Carol City High School in Miami, Florida came away very impressed about what he saw on his official recruiting visit to LSU this weekend.

"It was great and had some good food," Jean-Francois said.

The Rivals100 prospect (No. 59) stands at 6-foot-3, 241-pounds and runs a 4.88 in the 40-yard dash. He finished his senior season with 93 tackles, 15 sacks, three interceptions, six forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries.

During his visit, Jean-Francois was awed by the architectural rendering of the new multi-million dollar football operations center that is currently under construction and due to be completed this summer.

"The highlight of the weekend for me was when they showed me the campus. They are fixing to have a brand new football facility with an indoor practice field and everything," Jean-Francois said. "They showed me the pictures of it and it is going to be beautiful."

Jean Francois added: "The smart-lab also caught my eye."

LSU offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher has been recruiting Jean-Francois since his junior year. Miami natives Dwayne Bowe and Ali Highsmith were the prospects hosts this weekend.

Tiger head coach Les Miles convinced Jean-Francois that the program is going to stay in course post-Saban.

"He is a great coach and is going to do well there," Jean-Francois said.

The Florida native says that he is not ready to announce his decision publicly.

"I'm going to wait until signing day," he said.

The three schools he is going to choose between are "South Florida, Tennessee and LSU".

According to Jean-Francois he has what he needs to qualify academically with his grade point average in core courses but he needs to raise his ACT score and is taking the test every time it is available.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i will not get hopes up

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  226

LSU has only 9 - 10 recruits and has 14-16 scholarships available this year.  They may be putting RJF off till the end to see if they can land some of these bigger qualified names.  He may have some insite as to who they plan on making offers to and is choosing us as his backup.  I wonder if we can make room for this guy.  ;D

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Doesn't matter if we can't get him onto the field...

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

It does matter since we Might be able to get him on the field... he is retaking the act in february... that means he might qualify... he only needs one point more(from 16 to 17)