• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stampede: For Fellow Bull- Bulls for Belvah <3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  552
  • Days Won:  0

I'm back everyone. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital, including 4 days in ICU. I will not let this disease get the best of me. I will keep working until I have enough money to get to Sloan Kettering in NYC to better my life. For those that have not followed I have Stage II Polycystic Kidney Disease and Ovarian Syndrome. A side effect is diabetes which I am learning to live with now, including numerous doctors visits. I am the youngest in Florida documented. PKD can be fatal and there is no cure. Sloan Kettering is developing drugs and surgeries to make those suffering from PKD more comfortable and prolong their life- avoiding a kidney transplant.

I am recognized by the state of Florida as a non-profit. Which I did while sick. I have raised six figures for local charities as an ungrad for USF- and for old readers you know all about my work with children's cancer.

My goal with my non-profit it to fund travel grants for those not wanting to "give up", for those with the fight of a Bull that want to explore every option avaliable. And is not just limited to PKD; but for those suffering from cancer, blood disorders, heart disease, etc. I want to be able to spread the gift. USF made this possible because of the activities I was involved in and my will and drive to help others.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. I am very open to discussing my condition, sharing information on the disease and anything else you may want to know.

So, please if you know a "usf girl" in your life that would like a Bag or even a $10 t-shirt (in green and vegas gold) to support my cause- feel free to contact me.

Go Bulls!

One example

36068_480595215866_648375866_7336974_7803316_n.jpg

T-Shirt Image (S-XXL):

64391_880554759091_5001513_48344639_5424364_n.jpg

Bag Choices:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2568932&id=5001513&l=b6c91172dd

Gold Script or block  across bag  "Bulls" "South Florida" or "USF".

• Content Count:  2,558

that bags $10?

the bags range from 20 to 25 which beats the retail prices at the mall *Belvah is at International and Brandon Malls*. The T-shirt is $10 I should have been more clear. But, if she knows about the bags which a lot of ladies do she will think you spent more than you really did- and you are helping a fellow Bull in the process. I wrote Santa for a cure for my disease and dropped it off at Macy's so atleast thats going to charity too (They donate $1 per letter up to $1 million to Make-A-Wish)

• Content Count:  2,307

Ohhhh, those are cute.  Definitely getting one. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have Mag Pie's bag and another member's bag done and ready. (Pictures to come) Women especially need these totes or football shaped purses for the Bowl Game. So fellows make sure they are under the tree.

I was dropped from Blue Cross and Blue Shield for my condition earlier today. My medications alone are $700 a month. This is not including doctors, blood work, shots and everything else I have weekly. Please consider buying a bag or t-shirt. I even have $2 wristbands still.

I really don't know what else to do. Without medications the disease will move faster to needing a transplant, no longer qualifying for clinicals at Sloan Kettering in NYC. If it gets to that point my odds are not good. I have all non profit and medical documentation and am willing to share it with anyone that can help.

About 14,000 kidney transplants are performed each year. 

At any point, about 55,000 people are on the waiting list for a kidney transplant.

Every year, over 3,000 people die while waiting for a kidney transplant.

Archived