• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Great Aerial Construction Photos of Athletics

KB

Here is a good aerial map of the entire campus and plenty of room for a stadium in the North East Corner.

http://usfweb2.usf.edu/FacilitiesPlan/Campus%20Planning/images/USF%20AERIAL%202009.pdf

Consider the developers are not bound by the current roads.  

- Move the varsity tennis courts - they are planned to be moved in the future near the baseball stadium

- Move the planned intramural fields to the other side of campus near the new intramural fields they just built (all fields together)

- Par course could be moved to the wooded area near Fletcher Ave

- Roads could be adjusted towards the "Meadow" / Greek Housing area to accommodate stadium etc...  Meadow area would be parking lot.

This would be a nice continuation of the current Athletic Facilities

Campus space is not the issue - funding is the challenge.  

The corner of Fletcher and 50th is a wetlands area ... which would increase the cost and difficulty and time to get a stadium built there... there is room south of Holly (where the varsity courts & par course are)... you would have to relocate IM fields (where are the ones they "just built"?)... and there would need to be a new track built, likely in the SW corner by the elementary school.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see all 5 in this one....Soccer, Baseball, Softball, Basketball and the Dining Hall

In this one, wouldn't there be enough room to one day put a stadium where the current practice fields are?   

There's plenty of room on top of the old soccer/track stadium, but then where would the track events be held?

Your alignment would work, but it covers the practice soccer field - where Athletics had intended to have a practice track as well... but truthfully, the whole area north of the athletics facility all the way to Holly west to 50th street could be re-organized... fields and buildings could be easily relocated... to build a stadium and other buildings.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

You can see all 5 in this one....Soccer, Baseball, Softball, Basketball and the Dining Hall

In this one, wouldn't there be enough room to one day put a stadium where the current practice fields are?   

There's plenty of room on top of the old soccer/track stadium, but then where would the track events be held?

I think a stadium would run north south.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Where is that?? East Bay or Jefferson?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

RickUsf - Ahh good to hear that there are USF fans that would be content with a stadium that isn't "Ray Jay" caliber.  I would be farting confetti if we could squeeze a stadium in that location

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Where is that?? East Bay or Jefferson?

I would think that it's Leto with the "Falcons" comment.

Of course, there's Hillsborough the first and best H.S. in Hillsborough County.  :)

education-hillsborough-high-school-exterior.jpg

Russ+Pimm%27s++Hillsborough+High+School+in+Tampa+F+6_8_2007+(5).JPG

Yep... Leto... The picture was sideways so the football field didn't match in my mind... but yep... it's that cesspool of a high school.  ;D

Guest nybullsfan

Yep... Leto... The picture was sideways so the football field didn't match in my mind... but yep... it's that cesspool of a high school.  ;D

Watch it bud!  There's a Falcon heading for your house with a special delivery just for you. Step outside for a minute willya? LOL

We moved around a lot, so I actually went to Leto, Jefferson, Hillsborough, and Tampa Tech. Never graduated from any of 'em. Got into HCC, then USF with a GED and an ACT.

So I guess that makes me a FalconDragonTerriorTitanHawkBull.

Nah, it just makes me ... confused!

Go Bulls!

Oh yah. Here's the OCS heading North/South. Fits just fine.

Ok... first spin the stadium E-W... yes I know it's not traditional but it's the only way it fits.... and move it north to the corner of Holly... that way you can have EVERY THING... the tennis complex is moving to where the current football practice fields are at so it won't be there.

Now that that's out of the way....

WHAT'S THE WORD???? KILL THE BIRD!!!!! WHAT'S THE REASON??? FALCON SEASON!!!!!  ;D

Archived