• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers Spring Scouting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Let's look outside Rutgers vs USF ...

What has Rutgers done ... since they "invented" college football ?

They are equal to USF. And have had MANY more than 2 losing seasons.

we are comparing two teams

they have dominated usf

they are better than usf

there is no debate

they beat usf in every aspect of the game

\

who cares that they invented the game usf has all the talent in their backyard and rutgers comes in and steall it from usf

granted i think holtz will reverse trend but please dont try to reinvent history here like you and your klan do on madcow

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Rutgers' Tim Wright developing into student of the game, go-to receiver

By Dave Hutchinson/The Star Ledger

April 14, 2010, 6:59AM

Andrew Mills/The Star-LedgerRutgers WR Tim Wright makes a difficult catch of a long pass during Rutgers football practice last summer.The metamorphosis of Rutgers redshirt sophomore wide receiver Tim Wright from just another guy to a potential go-to-guy started shortly after last season when the receivers would get together for extra work: catching balls, running routes and watching film on their own.

Those sessions, coupled with a taste of action late last season, proved to the Wall product that he could compete on the collegiate level, and he has taken the ball and literally run with it this spring. The 6-4, 215-pounder has been a pleasant surprise for Rutgers; he is challenging Mark Harrison for the starting job opposite sophomore sensation Mohamed Sanu.

In fact, Rutgers coach Greg Schiano said he sometimes gets Wright and Sanu confused when watching tape — both are tall and lean and wear single-digit numbers. Wright is No. 5 and Sanu is No. 6.

“We’ve always been compared on looks and everything, but I’m definitely trying to step up my game so we can be on the same level (as players) and do it together,†said Wright, flashing a 1,000-watt smile Tuesday following the Scarlet Knights’ 11th practice of the spring.

Wright, who didn’t catch a pass last season but runs the 40 in 4.4 seconds, said the light bulb suddenly came on after last season. He turned into a student of the game, studying film, burying himself in the playbook, working out and watching clips of NFL greats like Hall of Famer Jerry Rice.

“Basically, my mentality coming into the spring was I felt obligated to come out and live up to my personal potential, not everyone else’s,†said Wright, who did extra work after practice Tuesday.

“I took it upon myself during the offseason to work hard regardless of who is in front of me. When you come in (as a freshman), not everybody can get it right away. Once you become a student of the game, you become more confident. You don’t have to think about the play, you can concentrate on the defense and do your job.â€

Said Schiano: “He has had a good spring. He had a costly drop in the scrimmage (on Saturday), but he made some plays, too. I think he has gotten a lot better. He just needs to continue. ... He’s playing faster. He’s playing stronger. He’s playing more certain. He’s not perfect, but he’s much better than he was, very big improvement.†Â…

Notes: After being humiliated in Saturday’s scrimmage, the offense bounced back in practice Tuesday. Running back Joe Martinek broke a couple of runs and QB Tom Savage completed several strong passes. Schiano continued to play musical chairs along the offensive line, with freshman Betim Bujari starting at left guard, senior Mo Lange at right guard and junior Art Forst at right tackle. Â…

RT Devon Watkins injured his left ankle in Saturday’s scrimmage and sat out Tuesday, as did tight end Evan Lampert (hip). Schiano said he hopes to have both back before the end of spring practice on April 24. Â…

Although former Rutgers LT Anthony Davis is projected as a top-15 pick, he wasn’t among 16 players invited to New York for the first day of the NFL Draft on April 22 at Radio City Music Hall.

Archived