• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

baseball in big east

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  309
  • Days Won:  0

At several schools (Syracuse, Georgetown, Villanova, Providence, Rutgers) Lacrosse is now considered the top spring sport.  Syracuse is the best best Lacrosse Program in the nation bar none.  They average more (about 7k) attendance than alot of college's basketball teams.  UVA, UNC, Johns Hopkins, Princeton and Navy are powers but not the status of the Orange.  USF could do well in Lax with all the New Yorkers down there.

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

UVA, UNC, Johns Hopkins, Princeton and Navy are powers but not the status of the Orange.  USF could do well in Lax with all the New Yorkers down there.

Huh? True Syracuse is one of the top teams, but they do not dominate every single year. They are one of the top 2 or 3 programs, no doubt about it. I wouldn't put Navy in with the top bunch, though. Georgetown is an up and coming program.

I think there's a club Lax team at USF, but Tampa doesn't get the NY-NJ migrants like the Broward/Dade area. I think there are a couple prep schools over there who send kids on to D-1 lax programs.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

USF will line up a nonconference schedule that will give them mostly Florida schools and northern teams that will tavel early to Florida. Thats no difference from what we do right now.

Our facilities and support for baseball ARE NOT where they should be for a state that "loves" baseball.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

Looking at last years baseball RPI's

Here is the BE ranks

1. Notre Dame #21

2.St Johns #51

3.Rutgers #57

4.PItt #59

5.USF #65

6.Villanova #95

7.WV #111

8.UConn #122

9.Louisville #129

10.Georgetown #165

11.Cincinnati #228

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  309
  • Days Won:  0

Huh? True Syracuse is one of the top teams, but they do not dominate every single year. They are one of the top 2 or 3 programs, no doubt about it. I wouldn't put Navy in with the top bunch, though. Georgetown is an up and coming program.

I think there's a club Lax team at USF, but Tampa doesn't get the NY-NJ migrants like the Broward/Dade area. I think there are a couple prep schools over there who send kids on to D-1 lax programs.

I think 21 straight Final Fours and more National Championships makes it so....only Johns Hopkins can argue....

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf baseball needs a new manager