• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

overrated and fan's who don't understand football

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  108
  • Days Won:  0

Did that guy really try saying they get 150,000 people each Saturday...alright I know the swamp holds close to 100,000 people but you are just being ridiculous by saying 150,000.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  108
  • Days Won:  0

I also just felt the need to do a little research and the results...well you can take them as you want as there is multiple ways to take it.

Some people like to say we can't use the we have only been around 13 years as an excuse and others say we can...so take this as you want.

Florida in its first 12 seasons (I only did 12 because we have only played 12 full seasons) went 51-27 which would correspond to a win percentage of 65.38462%.

South Florida in its first 12 seasons went 87-52 which would correspond to a win percentage of 62.58993%.

Now I know some of you will say you can't compare these because it is different times and I say exactly which is why you can use this in South Florida's favor. For those who say we should be better off by this time should realize that other schools have started similar in their beginnings and lets face it, back when Florida played there was far less teams around and far less parity. Those teams that dominated so much back in the day are now all mixed with so many other good teams...leading to rare "dynasties" as there used to be. Not to mention all the other changes such as scholarship amount and qualifications.

I would venture to say it was a lot easier for a school like Florida back then to get players when there weren't already established schools around for decades such as what South Florida has to deal with with Florida, Florida St and Miami.

Now I'm not trying to make excuses for how the team performs at times...just bringing some statistical views to those Gator fans who say we have underachieved in our short time of existence and to those who say you can't use that as an excuse for underachieving. I just say looking at the numbers I wouldn't exactly call that underachieving...but its just a personal opinion.

Archived