• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BIG EAST MEDIA DAY 2009-2010 (COACH’S POLL RESULTS, ETC)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

BIG EAST MEDIA DAY 2009-2010 (COACH’S POLL RESULTS, ETC)

October 21, 2009 by NBE Blogger

Jeff Borzello is present and accounted for at the Big East media day gathering at Madison Square Garden this morning. He will be providing live updates throughout the morning with news and notes from the event that will be getting started shortly.

Here are some early tidbits…

10:10 AM: Some thoughts being kicked around by the media as they wait for things to get started in about 15 minutes:

- Pitt is not used to being picked this low. They are #9 in the coaches poll and were the same in a conference media poll released yesterday.

- Louisville’s success will be ultimately determined by their guard play.

- several writers expect Alex Oriakhito be a factor inside for UConn right out of the gate come conference time.

9:45 AM: Here is the 2009-2010 prodecited order of finish in the Big East, per the conference coaches:

1) Villanova

2) West Virginia

3) Connecticut

4) Louisville

5) Georgetown

6) Syracuse

7) Cincinnati

8] Notre Dame

9) Pittsburgh

10) Seton Hall

11) St. John’s

12) Marquette

13) Providence

14) South Florida

15) Rutgers

16) DePaul

9:40 AM: Here is the coaches 1st team all-conference preseason picks in the Big East:

1st team: Deonta Vaughn, Greg Monroe, Scottie Reynolds, Lazar Hayward and Da’Sean Butler (with Harangody as POY – see below)

2nd team: Jerome Dyson, Kemba Walker, Samardo Samuels, Jeremy Hazell, Dominique Jones and Devin Ebanks

Honroable Mention: Arinze Onuaku and Stanley Robinson

9:30 AM: It comes as little surprise that the coaches have chose Luke Harangody of Notre Dame as the preseason Big East Player of the Year. Cincinnati freshman Lance Stephenson, who is still awaiting clearance from the NCAA on his amateur status, was named the conference’s preseason Freshman of the Year.

http://w3.nbebasketball.com/2009/10/21/big-east-media-day-2009-2010/

Archived