• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Pitt game is the most important of the year

BJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

It seems as if this game is the pivot point in our season.  If we lose, it opens the door for us to tank the season.  However, winning against Pitt could give us the confidence to "turn the season around" (not the best term, as that implies we are having a bad year) and perhaps win out at least in-conference.

I just think it's very important to avoid back-to-back losses, especially given our history over the past few seasons.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I agree with this completely. I'm not sure of the psyche of this team, but a loss vs Pitt and there is a real possibility that the UCONN game is being played for bowl eligibility (remember we need to win 7. Games this year). 

I hope Canales can bring the offense to another level. Pitt has a strong D, Schiano will throw the kitchen sink at Daniels and Edsal"s teams are always sound on D. I think we have found out the last 3 years that it is hard to win in this league without a well rounded offense. That means the backs need to start contributing.

Guest nybullsfan

Great teams don't lose two in a row. They take a loss in stride, fix the game plan where needed, then go back out the next week and beat the crap out of their next opponent

Mediocre teams take a loss, and start finger-pointing, navel-gazing, worrying, blaming, crying, etc.

We haven't shown an ability over the past 2 years to bounce back from a loss.

So, yes, the Pitt game is perhaps the most important game EVER for this program.

Can they turn the corner from mediocre and take the next step to becoming great?

Go Bulls! Beat the puddytats!

Archived