• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dallas Cowboys of College Football?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  0

Had to walk away from the TV when Mitchell dropped that long pass a couple of minutes ago or something would be broken in my living room. Still not sure if I plan to go back since they appear to have lost any will to win.

That said, as the subject of my post implies, I'm wondering if this it what it feels like to be a Dallas Cowboys fan. Granted, this isn't Tony Romo imploding in the playoffs, but it's the same idea. Any time we have a big game and get our hopes up, it seems like the team loves to bring us back down to Earth. From our special teams to our lackluster second half play to the goat of the game, Jeromy Murphy, I'm just thoroughly pissed at the team. And what the hell is up with Daniel scrambling on what feels like 2 out of every 3 plays. Are these designed plays? Even if he doesn't end up injuring himself (and I cringe every time he is tackled with thoughts of Grothe in my head), it still really hurts his effectiveness since he is far less accurate on the run.

Anyway, that's my rant for now. Hopefully they will come back with some kind of miracle win, but I'm pulling my hair out at the moment at the botched plays.

• Content Count:  182

I turned it off too...I hate to say this but, there is a reason most of these guys are at USF. We dont get top tier players, I thinks that's why you see bad execution. As for the lack of discipline I put that on the coaching staff, mainly Leavitt. He seems like a really good guy, but honestly he seems more like a HS coach, his schtick is starting to wear thin with me, and just looks corney to the national audience.

I know everybody loves CJL, but Im just not a big fan....

• Content Count:  164

Gotta agree with what you say re: Leavitt and the national audience. At one point during the game, the announcers said they should put the camera on Leavitt since he is so entertaining to watch on the sidelines. To the average viewer, who doesn't know much about the team, I have to think he must look like a buffoon. If I saw the coach for some school I'm not that familiar with do the same thing, I'd probably find him more of a joke than anything else.

Though as I said in another thread, performance-wise, I don't think the loss tonight was his fault. Oh, he had a hand in it, but man, our players just crapped the bed too often.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

and i lost a hot blond girlfriend over the game

not a good night at all

• Content Count:  246

and i lost a hot blond girlfriend over the game

not a good night at all

Pics?

...and the Cowboys have 5 rings.  Not quite the same.

Archived