• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting Char So Observations

CRBULL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

I though it might help to get our minds off of the injury and speculating on the FSU preparation that was evident in the Charleston Southern game.

Here are some observations I had:

The starting interior D-line (McClain & Grissom) barely played - I think I only saw them in red-zone defense

Craig Marshall was playing inside next to Aaron Harris most of the game

Carlton Mitchell moved to the opposite side when BJ came in and played the rest of the game from that side

BJ did not come in and take over the same set of vanilla plays Grothe was running, everything was different and you could see the excitement to be running the plays from every player immediately - it was like a switch was flipped and they had been released to show what they are really capable of - body language, intensity, etc.

I think the intent of the plays/shifts when BJ came in to take over were planned before the injury to really mess with the options FSU might feel they need to prepare for

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

Did anyone notice any interesting substitutions on the O-line? I wasn't watching them that closely...

Archived