• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone else enjoying the stuff...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

in Greg's blog where the fans and players at Mizzou and 'Zona are aghast that Famous chose USF over them.  Brings a warm fuzzy to my heart and makes me feel like the kid could really be an impact player.  Sounds like we will have at least three Big East caliber players next year in DoJo, Gilchrist and Famous.  Add in some decent role players in Howard, Leemow, Espinosa, Dumars and Rivas-Sanchez and we should be better.  I will reserve judgement on Crater for now.  If he stays clean and is ready to go on 12/12 then we will see.  His credentials are Big East caliber too.  If Crater pans out we would really have a BE level starting line up and some decent reserves.  Not top 5 BE, but in the 6-9 range which should put us in the post season.

Now it is dangerous for USF hoops fans to get too excited because a knee injury and/or stupid decision or two and we are back to the Dark Ages....but still this is exciting to say the least.

Normal

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I don't care what anyone says... i've been a Chris Howard fan from the day he signed.  I saw the potential, even if he had zero stars.  This last year, he flipped a switch.  He may not be a all confernce player, but he qualifies as a big east caliber player going into his senior year.  He can finally hit the open shot, to go along with his leadership/vision.  So make that 4 big east caliber players going into next year. 

Big question marks, in my eyes... Crater's contribution?, leemow's contribution?...

will any of the 3 shooters coming in actually earn quality minutes.

Will Gilchrist take the next step in his development?... he plateaued near the end of the year.

Will Espinosa stop moving when screening?  ;-) 

And how can we not run some offensive plays for someone with a 42 inch vert that is 6'7?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It really has been delightful.  ;D

Getting Famous might help us nail down two more quality players for this class and some very good players for 2010.

There is now enough "potential" for a recruit to actually BULLIEVE that he is the missing piece to the USF basketball puzzle.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Famous is making us Famous

Archived